REDHAT6.1 don`t want install

Post by alexAA » Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:00:00

REDHAT6.1 don`t want install

I download REDHAT 6.1 from ftp.redhat.com. When i install on my computer on
step: Reading packages information i have:
Expection occured: file "/usr/bin/anaconda.real',line 225, in ?
                  intf.run (to do, test=test)
type ERROR:usubscriptable object       OK or DEBUG

and after that     said me :restart computer

What is  this?Help me please!!

REDHAT6.1 don`t want install

Post by alexAA » Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I download REDHAT 6.1 from ftp.redhat.com. When i install on my computer on
step: Reading packages information i have:
Expection occured: file "/usr/bin/anaconda.real',line 225, in ?
                  intf.run (to do, test=test)
type ERROR:usubscriptable object       OK or DEBUG

and after that     said me :restart computer

What is  this?Help me please!!

REDHAT6.1 don`t want install

Post by the Travel » Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:00:00

the redhat ftp installation was giving me trouble, I was trying to do
a custom install, I just gave up and did standard workstation, it
installed properly for me after making this selection..

The redhat installation has been kinda quirky for me :(

If only it all were as easy to install as BeOS.....

Hmm, I bet it will be very soon, yah!

-Jeremy

--
RyShask the Traveler

REDHAT6.1 don`t want install

Post by teu.. » Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> the redhat ftp installation was giving me trouble, I was trying to do
> a custom install, I just gave up and did standard workstation, it
> installed properly for me after making this selection..

> The redhat installation has been kinda quirky for me :(

> If only it all were as easy to install as BeOS.....

i guess you mileage varied; i found BeOS a drag to install, and had
to do it more than once! redhat OTOH didn't give me problems this
weekend. 2 out of 2! One using ftp install, no problem there
(although the standard install doesn't allow any more non-anonymous
installs) and one direct CD install (the new graphical looked worked
out well for me, and looks very straightforward). Only my TNT2 card
didn't install well, i guess i will install a new driver from
nVidea, but i really thought this was now part of the package.

One interesting note on rh61: when it boots you will see a message
"looking  for new hardware", which I always dread, since that is what
most of the time  screwed up my wife's Win95 machine. I tested it
by adding a 2nd CD,and indeed, it will detect you have a new CD  and
install something for it.  pretty neat. Luckily you can ignore it
and continue with the boot.

- peter

1. REDHAT 6.1 don`t want install

I download REDHAT 6.1 from ftp.redhat.com. When i install on my computer on
step: Reading packages information i have:
Expection occured: file "/usr/bin/anaconda.real',line 225, in ?
                  intf.run (to do, test=test)
type ERROR:usubscriptable object       OK or DEBUG

and after that     said me :restart computer

What is  this?Help me please!!

2. Need help editing (sed) a file without changing the date of the file.

3. Q: Installing Redhat6.2 will stop at 'Installing Packages'

4. Source code for man and xman

5. Newbie wants to get started with Redhat6.0

6. Where is xcolors anyway ???

7. Please help: RedHat6.0 Iomega 250 Parallel Zip install and config

8. New Linux Address List

9. Problem after installing RedHat6.1

10. unable to install lilo in attempt to win98 + win NT + redhat6.0 on 13.6 Gig HD

11. KDE install?? Redhat6.0RPM

12. Installing RedHat6.0 on XP1000 ??

13. Install X-windows in RedHat6.0