Hardware configuration needed

Post by Akin Okte » Sat, 21 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Gentlemen,

I'm planning to assemble Linux server possibly with dual CPU.
I would like to use your experience if possible.

Can you please give me a few sample hardware configuration
that you have in place and running.

I would like duplicate a working Linux server rather than
experimenting and getting a lot of frustration (probably
missing most of the fun!!!).

Thanks for your time and help.
--
"Opinions expressed are mine and not those of Rohm and Haas Company"

1. Minimum hardware configuration needed to run Linux?

I would like to install Linux and to facilitate this, I will be buying another
computer.  I would like to know what I should use as a minimum - ie
processor speed, RAM, and hard drive space..  In other words, can I pick up
a cheap 486DX that someone is selling for a couple hundred bucks or do I
need to go higher end than that?  If you could email any responses, I would
greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Kevin

5249 17th Ave. NE, Room 4 # http://weber.u.washington.edu/~kmmyer
Seattle, WA  98105        # 206-729-0730

2. Keep Alives with Apache

3. need to learn hardware troubleshooting - sound hardware conflict

4. unisys 5000/90

5. Need advice on new Linux/*BSD-compatible hardware (and Linux Hardware Database is gone)

6. Help, I need Calendar/Scheduler

7. HARDWARE HARDWARE HARDWARE

8. Bootup command history?

9. Linux Hardware Configuration

10. HELP! (hardware configuration)

11. Hardware configuration for linux

12. probable hardware bug: clock timer configuration lost"