HELP: RAID-1 Duplidisk

Post by El Bunz » Thu, 09 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I have an ArcoIde RAID-1 Duplidisk (Bay) installed on my Redhat 6.2 box.

Everything works just fine. But how do I get notified when one of the
disks fail?
The machine will be put into the machine-room of my provider, so I
cannot check
for the beeps in case of failure.

Is there any software which checks the status of the Duplidisk and
notifies me (by
email or logfile) when one of the drives fail?

Thanx.

El.

HELP: RAID-1 Duplidisk

Post by a.. » Sat, 02 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Don't Worry:

You can use the TTL output to control an autodialer or pager.  Call
(800) 458-1666 for more info.  Ask for Joel.

-Arco Computer Products

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Intel 815e mobo, Arco DupliDisk 2 raid 1card, and DMA problems

Hello All:

I have a Intel motherboard w/ 815e chipset.  Additionally, I'm using
an Arco DupliDisk 2 IDE raid card to mirror two 40 gig IBM Deskstar
drives w/ 80 pin IDE cables.  When firing up linux 2.4.9, I get tons
of:

hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }

Turning off DMA of course stops these annoying errors which get
written to the console.  However, I can't stand the slow throughput.

What's intresting is that I moved the raid card and hard drives into
an older intel motherboard - an SE440BX, and DMA had no problems in
linux.  This leads me to believe it's with my mobo w/ the 815e
chipset.

Anyone have any leads?

Thank you,
Robin Yamaguchi

2. ufsrestore error

3. OpenBSD 2.8 and Duplidisk II raid controller

4. How do you mirror a site?

5. What is the correct procedure to transfer (hda+hdb) raid-1 to (hda+hdc) raid-1

6. Diskless linux with X

7. What is the correct procedure to transfer hda+hdb raid-1 => hda+hdc raid-1 ?

8. problems with dummy.o module on 1.3.35

9. HPT370 RAID-1 or Software RAID-1, what's "best"?

10. Software-RAID (RAID-1) with Mandrake 6.0

11. Moving raid-0 to raid-1

12. RAID RAID RAID

13. Raid performace issues (Raid 5 vs. Raid 0+1) with database files