Adaptec AHA 294x SCSI controller with RedHat 4.1

Adaptec AHA 294x SCSI controller with RedHat 4.1

Post by Jesus Maria Rodriguez Presed » Sat, 17 May 1997 04:00:00

I have a Pentium machine with an Adaptec AHA 294x SCSI controller and
I would like to install RedHat 4.1 on this machine. During the
installation process all goes quite well but, after installing
sucessfully Linux, the system is unable to boot because it is not
able to see the SCSI controller. Anyone has the answer?. I would
apreciate any clue to solve this problem. Thanks,

        Suso

Post by Peter Steier » Sat, 17 May 1997 04:00:00

> I have a Pentium machine with an Adaptec AHA 294x SCSI controller and
> I would like to install RedHat 4.1 on this machine. During the
> installation process all goes quite well but, after installing
> sucessfully Linux, the system is unable to boot because it is not
> able to see the SCSI controller. Anyone has the answer?. I would
> apreciate any clue to solve this problem. Thanks,

>         Suso

Hi I think you installed a kernel, that doesn't support your
Adaptec. You can boot your system via a bootdisk if you tell lilo
at the prompt root=/dev/sda?
Next you should compile a kernel an install it.
Then you shouldn't have problems anymore.

Hope it's helps, if not feel free to email me.
By
PeSt

Adaptec AHA 294x SCSI controller with RedHat 4.1

Post by Leslie Mikese » Sat, 17 May 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I have a Pentium machine with an Adaptec AHA 294x SCSI controller and
>I would like to install RedHat 4.1 on this machine. During the
>installation process all goes quite well but, after installing
>sucessfully Linux, the system is unable to boot because it is not
>able to see the SCSI controller. Anyone has the answer?. I would
>apreciate any clue to solve this problem. Thanks,

Not all of the SCSI drivers work right when loaded as modules (the way the
redhat install process tries to do it).  Look under:
 ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/updates/4.1/images/i386/scsi/
for a new boot image for the aic7xxx chipset.  Download, use rawrite to put
on a boot floppy, then insert your original boot disk when this one prompts
for it.

Les Mikesell

1. Installing Redhat 4.1...Adaptec AHA-1542CF SCSI adapter

Well, I've tried to install via CD-Rom with my Pro Audio Spectrum card
with SCSI adapter, and Linux hangs.  There's not even Linux drivers
for my QLogic card.  And now I dig out an Adaptec SCSI card, and it's
listed as supported, and it shows up in the list for install via
CD-Rom, but Linux will not find that either.  Where should I go?  I
can't get support from RedHat as I lost the little sticker with my
registration on it....so I'm pretty much at my rope's end.  Can
someone please help me out?  I'd really like to learn Linux, this is
just getting me frustrated.

Thanx.

2. Perl script 2 xref man pgs?

3. RedHat 4.1 and Adaptec 1740 SCSI EISA controller

4. KTicker in KDE2

5. AHA-294X/AIC-78XX PCI SCSI Controller

6. irq 13 -- free to use on a 486 ?

7. 16 bits SCSI and Adaptec AHA-294X

8. Simulate multiple router hops with one PC?

9. Adaptec AHA-2940 Redhat 4.1

10. Adaptec AIC-7870W (AHA-294x) Trouble

11. Problem with Adaptec AHA-2742 TWIN EISA SCSI-Controller

12. AHA-1532P Adaptec SCSI Controller

13. Trouble with an Adaptec AHA 1520A scsi controller