crazy overclocked celeron and kernel?

Post by Brian Gilma » Wed, 06 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hello everyone!
    As you may already know the Intel Celeron is one of the easiest
CPU's to overclock in the world.....Having a small 2ndary cache and same
core as the PII, I decided to overclock the sucker as high as it might
go....Lo and behold, I am now writing to you on a 504 MHz machine! Using
winbench, I get a score better then a PII 450 (arount 10%
better).......I have compiled the kernel for a PII however, I was
wondering if someone knew if compiling it for another processor would
make it better? Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Brian Gilman

1. AMD K62, Celeron, compatibliltiy and Celeron Overclocking

Hello everyone,
I am thinking of purchasing an AMD K62-300 processor and a FIC VA503
motherboard.  I currently have Suse 5.3 installed on my system.  I want some
advice on whether this combination is compatible with linux.  Also, what
combination of Celeron (with cache) and motherboard is compatible ?  (This
would be my second choice.) I have tried several 56K modems, some PCI and
some ISA and none of them have worked.  Which ones have you had success
with.  Also, when you overclocked the Celeron 300 A processor, did you have
to cover the B21 contact, or did you just manually set the bus speed to
100Mhz ? (If so what did you use to cover the contact ?)

Clyde

2. Does Encore n/w card support linux

3. FA: Overclocked Celeron & Dual Celeron Systems with Linux

4. cant get KDE Kppp to work for ordinary user

5. AMD K6 2, Celeron , modem compatiblity and overclocking

6. restricting ftp directory access

7. Overclocked celeron on a abit BH6

8. Communicator 4.51 news failure

9. Recommended Motherboard for overclocking Celerons under Linux?

10. Abit BP6, dual Celeron, overclocking, Video Card and more......

11. Overclocked celeron and Linux

12. Where can I buy an overclocked celeron?

13. Celeron / Overclocking