Riva TNT Display Adapters on Red Hat?

Post by David Park » Mon, 23 Nov 1998 04:00:00

    I am shopping for display adapters for one of my multi-boot systems.  I
am running Red Hat 5.1 and Windows 95 for games.  I'm willing to upgrade to
Red Hat 5.2 if necessary.
    I would rather get a single 2D/3D solution such as a Riva TNT card
(Diamond Viper 550, STB Velocity 4400, etc.) than spend more money getting
both a compatible 2D card like a Matrox Millennium II and an add on 3D card
like a Monster 3D II.  I don't see the Riva TNT on any of the Red Hat HCL's.
Other than purchasing a XiGraphics XServer for another $100, is anyone
running a TNT under Red Hat?  If so, how are you doing it?  Where did you
get the driver?
Thanks a lot for your help,
David Parks

Riva TNT Display Adapters on Red Hat?

Post by Galen Townso » Wed, 25 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I don't if it works but TNT XServers are list at
 http://dimension128.smartcom.net/drivers.html#SVGA X-servers

I'm thinking of getting a CL TNT if I can't get my i740
working so I may be going down the same path soon.

~Galen