Matrox QID

Post by Tore Skogl » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 22:57:19

I am thinking of purchasing a Matrox QID LP PCIe graphics card and
installing it on a workstation running Fedora Core 5 to provide a four
monitor configuration.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/workstation/3dws/products/qid/qid_lp_p...

Does anyone have experience with using a Matrox QID graphics card for a
multi monitor setup?

--
Regards,
Tore Skogly

1. Matrox G200 vs Matrox Mil II pci

Hi
I've currently got linux set up to boot from the same machine as Win95.
I've found myself spending most of my time in linux so I've decided to
set linux up on a dedicated machine of its own. The current Win95
machine has a Matrox G200 which handles X-windows with good speed. I'd
like to leave this card in the windows machine since it does 3d and I
have not seen any need for 3d support in linux, but I don't want to slow
X down any.
I have a Matrox Millenium II pci card available. I'd like to use it in
my linux only box. Is it just as fast in X-windows as the G200? Is there
a faster card than either of these for X?

I'd like the X stuff to run as fast as possible. WindowMaker deserves
the best video card I can give it.:)

I know I could try both and see, but I thought I'd post here before
doing that to see if anyone has any experience with both cards(Or any
card that is faster under X).  I'd appreciate any info anyone would be
kind enough to share.

Thanks
Jim Smith

2. fairsched-A5 for 2.5.66

3. Matrox Mil-II and Matrox-M3d under X

4. custom initialization when logging in

5. Help with Matrox Mystique (not Matrox Mystique 220)

6. ppp using RAS to an NT server - HELP!!!

7. Matrox Millenium

8. Alphabetizing newsgroups?

9. Matrox Mil2 Mandrake7.1 video problem

10. Radeon All in Wonder vs. Matrox G450 TV

11. Matrox G450 woes

12. XF86 and matrox g100

13. XFree86, with Matrox Mystique: some clients fail