GCC problem

Post by David Lil » Sun, 20 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi all,

Has anyone encountered a problem with GCC v2.7.2 when compiling?  When
ever I compile something rather long (like a kernel!), I get these GCC
internal errors. I tried reinstalling GCC to no avail.  I have the new
slackware distribution which included version 2.0.29 kernel.  The
processor I'm using is an AMD5x86 running at it's normal clock speed
(133 MHZ).  I have another machine that uses an AMD DX2 80 and I have no
problems with GCC on that machine.  (the two systems are running
identical versions)  Could the AMD5x86 processor be the problem and if
so, is there anything that can be done to fix it?

thanks!

GCC problem

Post by James Baili » Mon, 21 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> identical versions) Could the AMD5x86 processor be the problem and
> if so, is there anything that can be done to fix it?

Sounds hardware related. I'd check for bad RAM before anything else.

James Bailie

GCC problem

Post by David Lil » Tue, 22 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> Sounds hardware related. I'd check for bad RAM before anything else.

That seemed to do it!!  Thanks a million!

-Dave

GCC problem

Post by James Youngma » Wed, 23 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> Has anyone encountered a problem with GCC v2.7.2 when compiling?  When
> ever I compile something rather long (like a kernel!), I get these GCC
> internal errors.

http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11

1. gcc problem

Hi all,
    I have installed gcc for AIX 4.3.0, I treid to compile a c++ source
file, but the compliler couldn't find the iostream.h file, any advice ?

thanks
Cristian

2. Two gateway hop routing

3. newbie GCC problem

4. Cannot find platform independent libraries

5. GCC PROBLEMS

6. Setting Up Proxy Server & Firewall

7. GCC Problem

8. How do i get sound with my SB PCI 128?

9. GCC Problems

10. gcc problems

11. RedHat 5 and GCC problems

12. gcc problem - wouldn't compile