ELAS PCI 56k MICROLINK internal modem under linux.

ELAS PCI 56k MICROLINK internal modem under linux.

Post by Martin Ahre » Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Did anyone run a  ELAS PCI 56k MICROLINK internal modem under linux.
Ive got one, but its unable for me to get it run under suse linux
6.2. Any devices would be
helpful.

Thanks martin

ELAS PCI 56k MICROLINK internal modem under linux.

Post by Dances With Crow » Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:00:00

[posted and mailed]

> Did anyone run a  ELAS PCI 56k MICROLINK internal modem under linux.
> Ive got one, but its unable for me to get it run under suse linux
> 6.2.

Most PCI modems are WinModems.  ("LoseModems.")  There are a very few
that aren't, like a couple of 3Com products.  Some Lucent WinModems can
work with Linux; see http://www.linmodem.org for updates on that.  Check
the docs/specs for that modem.  If it doesn't say "compatible with DOS"
somewhere in there, then it's 99% certain that it's a WinModem.

Quote:>Any devices would be helpful.

I'll say :-)  One device that I've found that works very well is a cheap
56K external modem that plugs into the serial port.  These are much
easier to set up than internal modems, and they have blinking lights.
You could probably get one for $50 US if you were in the USA--don't know
about Germany.

--MG

1. PCI Modem Elsa Microlink 56K-PCI

Hello,

Does anybody get experience with this PCI Modem? Technical support of Elsa told
me it is not a passive modem. I tried to configure it with setserial

Here is my /proc/pci

 Bus  0, device  18, function  0:
      Serial controller: Unknown vendor Unknown device (rev 1).
          Vendor id=127a. Device id=1004.
          Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ 9.  Master
Capable.  Latency=32.
          Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at
0xe4000000.

As you can see, I don't get the ioport that I need for setserial. I tried
anyway with some standart address of COM1 to 4 and some addresses I supposed to
be free. I also supposed the chipset is compatible with UART 16550 and 16550A.

But I can't get an answer of this PCI modem

Is there an other tools than setserial to configure modem?
What about PCI tools?

thanks in advance

regards

--
ric Santonacci

2. How to share one SSA filesystem between two hosts

3. Elsa modem : pci microlink 56k

4. Equivalent of DebugBreak?

5. ELSA Microlink 56K PCI under Linux?

6. shortcut to eth0:x

7. Why don`t work one modem 56k internal PCI in Linux?

8. HP JetDirect EX Plus 3

9. modem Motorola SM56 PCI internal 56K install problem in RedHat's Linux 6.1

10. Winmodems/ELSA Microlink 56k PCI

11. Hayes PCI Accura 56K Internal Modem - Support?

12. Actiontec 56k internal PCI Call-Waiting modem.

13. Winmodem/ELSA Microlink 56k PCI?