Support for 128MB or 230MB 3.5" Mag-Optical SCSI Disks

Support for 128MB or 230MB 3.5" Mag-Optical SCSI Disks

Post by jmw » Tue, 10 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I would appreciate any information on the state of support for these
removable disks (sold by IBM, Fujitsu, and possibly others). In the
absence of any existing support, I would appreciate any pointers to
documentation describing the structure of the standard file system
used on these disks by DOS and OS/2.

Please e-mail any responses directly to me.

Thanks!

Mike Westall
Professor of Computer Science

Post by Mario Schmi » Wed, 18 Dec 1996 04:00:00

: I would appreciate any information on the state of support for these
: removable disks (sold by IBM, Fujitsu, and possibly others). In the
: absence of any existing support, I would appreciate any pointers to
: documentation describing the structure of the standard file system
: used on these disks by DOS and OS/2.

Hi, i have a Fujitsu with 230MB works great! Simply make a filesystem
on it and mount it. If you have OS/2 Superfloppy format, its simple, too.
Simply mount it, with the right /dev/xxx.
You can use FAT/HPFS(Read Only !)/ ext/ ext2/VFAT all works well.

: Please e-mail any responses directly to me.

: Thanks!

: Mike Westall
: Professor of Computer Science

Bye

Post by jeff schmid » Tue, 24 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> : I would appreciate any information on the state of support for these
> : removable disks (sold by IBM, Fujitsu, and possibly others). In the
> : absence of any existing support, I would appreciate any pointers to
> : documentation describing the structure of the standard file system
> : used on these disks by DOS and OS/2.

> Hi, i have a Fujitsu with 230MB works great! Simply make a filesystem
> on it and mount it. If you have OS/2 Superfloppy format, its simple, too.
> Simply mount it, with the right /dev/xxx.
> You can use FAT/HPFS(Read Only !)/ ext/ ext2/VFAT all works well.

> : Please e-mail any responses directly to me.

> : Thanks!

> : Mike Westall
> : Professor of Computer Science

> Bye

CDW sells olympus 230 meg MO disks for 50.00 for 5 disks. They are very
nice,
and for some strange reason they don't get as hot as the fuji disks.
I have a fuji DynaMO and a n Olympus sys.230, the olympus drive
is very much faster, quieter and cooler than the fuji. partition the
disks and put any filesys on you want, but if you use an msdog filesys,
dont make it with linux, dos boxes just cant read them. make them under
dos.

1. 3.5" 650 MB Magneto Optical Disk support?

Hello all,

Recently I've bought a Fujitsu 3.5" 650 MB MO drive, I would like to ask
a question is that, "Is Linux support 3.5" 650 MB MO disk?".  Since 3.5"
650 MB MO disk is 2048 bytes/sector but I've read Hardware HOW-TO, it
said only 512 bytes or 1024 bytes per sector media is supported.  Thanks
advance for your kind assistance.

Raman

2. What is klipper?

3. SPARCclassic Sol2.3 & 128MByte 3.5" Magneto-optical

4. xfig problems... HELP me please

5. Formatting 3.5" HD disks as 1.7M disks.

6. F80 and caching HD adapters?

7. "640MB optical drive" or "Support for block size > 1K"

8. RS/6000 81 page report by Harley Hahn 'WANTED'

9. Help: How to support SCSI Optical disk with 2048b/sec

10. Duplicating 3.5" tar disks

11. NEC 3.5" 1.2MB Floppy support

12. Linux dist. on a 3.5" disk ??

13. How do I tar to a 3.5" disk?