Help needed ! (scsi : aborting command due to timeout)

Help needed ! (scsi : aborting command due to timeout)

Post by Kent Nyiau from Malays » Sat, 11 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Hello there:
        I am trying to install linux with the hareware below:
                     TP4XE55
                     AHA 1542CF
                     Quantum TRB850S
                     32 MB -6 (16X2) RAM
                     PCI CN970EBT NIC
 But when I start to boot from boot disk (scsinet1, ascnet1), I got the
message below:

scsi : adaptec 1542
scsi : 1 host
scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 0, scsi0, id0, lun 0 0x00 00 00
00 00 00
SCSI host 0 abort() timed out - resetting
Sent BUS DEVICE RESET to target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0

        This message repeats infinity.........

        Could anyone please help me??

        I used Intel MB last month & found that it wasn't as stable as I
wanted, so I am now cswitching it to TP4XE55, strange....

Ken

--

Kent Nyiau Sin Kian from Malaysia. A Junior in MIS, National Central Univ.
Love Hwong Chang Ching. Care of her for the rest of her life.

1. scsi: aborting command due to timeout

Hi...

I'm trying to back up my linux box to an Exabyte EXB-4200c dat drive when I
get the following message:

scsi: aborting command due to timeout
scsi0: command running, can not abort

I'm using tar and device file /dev/st0 and my kernel is compiled to include
low level NCR scsi adapter which is what my laptop has.

I am running Slackware 2.0.0

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike.

Michael Pemrich
412-258-3558

2. use gmake-3.78.1 and pgcc-2.95.1

3. SCSI: aborting command due to timeout....?

4. multibooting...

5. SCSI: aborting command due to timeout

6. Microsoft Destroys Aussie Charity. (WAS: The Register)

7. SCSI: Aborting command due to TIMEOUT

8. 2.5.43 cciss 20 second polling timeout

9. scsi aborting command due to timeout

10. scsi : aborting command due to timeout: Anyone?

11. SCSI - aborting command due to timeout

12. SCSI Adaptec AHA1542[BC] Aborting command due to timeout

13. SCSI: aborting command due to timeout