Kodak 4300 camera or hp PSC 750

Post by Frank Fowle » Mon, 09 Dec 2002 09:25:50

Am wondering if anyone in this newsgroup has ever gotten either a Kodak
4300 series digital camera or an hp PSC 750 *SCANNING FUNCTIONALITY* to
work under linux.

These are the bottlenecks I've got in going 100% MSWindows free and am
really eager to get them to work... no luck thus far.  Google searching
gives me no info on the Kodak camera 4300 series and the scanning
funcionality on the hp PSC 750 (via hpoj package) appears to be in a
broken state of development.

Am eager to know if any users out there have gotten these periferals to
work....

Thanks,
Frank

Post by Dave30 » Mon, 09 Dec 2002 14:24:02

> Am wondering if anyone in this newsgroup has ever gotten either a Kodak
> 4300 series digital camera or an hp PSC 750 *SCANNING FUNCTIONALITY* to
> work under linux.

> These are the bottlenecks I've got in going 100% MSWindows free and am
> really eager to get them to work... no luck thus far.  Google searching
> gives me no info on the Kodak camera 4300 series and the scanning
> funcionality on the hp PSC 750 (via hpoj package) appears to be in a
> broken state of development.

> Am eager to know if any users out there have gotten these periferals to
> work....

> Thanks,
> Frank

HP PSC 750

Date: Saturday 20 April 2002 10:06:21 am
Groups:alt.os.linux.mandrake

Note: HPoj docs /usr/share/doc/hpoj-0.8

I have the same and no problem with 8.1 and 8.2
8.2 recognise the printer and configure printer and scanner
for 8.1 do the following :

printer:

first make a node/s (if not present in /dev/usb/):
/dev/usb/mknod lp0 c 180 0
/dev/usb/mknod lp1 c 180 1
etc....

run 'ptal-init setup' (as root) and note the name of the prnter like
mlc:usb:PSC_750
Use Control Center to configure printer and give as printer queue
/dev/ptal-printd/mlc_usb_PSC_750 on the place usqb0 is detected

Note: This printer queue did not work for me, but the next step did, the
nodes must be there though.

or add to /dev/ptal-start.conf: