Linux and Xircom PCMCIA network card

Post by Alex Fedid » Sun, 20 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I've got an IBM Thinkpad 760EL, and want to install Red Hat Linux v4.2
on it, which FTP'd from redhat.com. I don't have another Linux-based
system around so I can't put it on the HD of the laptop, I don't have it
on CD, so what I want to do is a network installation from a shared
directory on my Windows 95 PC.

Problem is that the laptop's network card is a Xircom II PS PCMCIA
network card, and this doesn't seem to be supported by this version of
Linux - at least it doesn't come up in the install menu.

Is there a way around this? I'm relatively new to Linux - I've never
compiled a kernel in my life :) - and I'm stuck. There doesn't seem to
be any other way I can install it.

Even if I had the CD I couldn't install Linux because I can only have
the CD-ROM drive and the floppy drive in one at a time - not both at
once - and I haven't got the external casing for either.

Thanks!

Alex Fedida
-----------------------------

1. Support for Xircom CEM28.8 Ethernet Network PCMCIA card

I have a Xircom CEM28.8 Ethernet Network PCMCIA card and I have read
some information about no available drivers for Xircom network
cards.

I hope that the information is old and that there is a newly developed
driver for my card.

Is there any one who has got any information about this?

    /Anders

2. RH5.1 on Alpha 4100

3. Xircom PCMCIA network support for linux ?

4. How to run Btrieve in DOS protected mode of SCO Unix

5. Linux Driver for Xircom CEM56 PCMCIA card

6. PLEASE HELP - Apache Questions

7. Xircom PCMCIA network support for Linux ?

8. RH 6 root login fails

9. PCMCIA Xircom CBE-10/100TX card under Linux - driver available ???

10. PCMCIA woes: Xircom card

11. help on Xircom CE-II Plus PCMCIA card

12. Xircom realport pcmcia cards

13. Xircom PCMCIA card problem