Telus ADSL Internal PCI Modem

Post by -=Silver= » Sun, 24 Feb 2002 22:20:01

Hi,

I just installed RedHat 7.2, I am having trouble getting linux to see my
ADSL modem, I am also really new to linux. These two factors don't help
eachother. My modem is made by 3com, I have contacted them, they send me to
my isp, my isp sent me back to them. They do not currently have any linux
drivers for this card, Has anyone gotten this card to work before, or does
anyone know how to get this to work? Any help would be greatly
appreciated... thanx...

model #: 3CP4224-TLS

-Kelly

Post by Robert M. Taylor, Jr » Wed, 27 Feb 2002 12:10:33

> Hi,

> I just installed RedHat 7.2, I am having trouble getting linux to see my
> ADSL modem, I am also really new to linux. These two factors don't help
> eachother. My modem is made by 3com, I have contacted them, they send me
> to my isp, my isp sent me back to them. They do not currently have any
> linux drivers for this card, Has anyone gotten this card to work before,
> or does anyone know how to get this to work? Any help would be greatly
> appreciated... thanx...

> model #: 3CP4224-TLS

> -Kelly

You are most certainly out of luck. Verizon was good enough to send a
separat box to hook up to an ethernet card at my request. They sent a
NetGear FA311 card with it. Both work nicely with Linux. Contact your ISP
and ask about a replacement if you want to run Linux. You need a separate
box.