Win 95+Win NT+Linux???

Post by Davis Eri » Tue, 01 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi, there,

It is still that old topic.

I got Windows 95 at my first hard disk primary partition, linux at the
second primary partition and plan to put Win NT at the third primary
partition. I have read the Mini-Howtos of this topic. But I still feel
unclear about somethings.

Some HOWTO recommend that the partition type for Win NT be FAT16 instead
of NTFS. The linux in my computer is RedHat 6.0 and I am going to boot
my computer with lilo. Could anyone tell me whether this correct or not
for RedHat 6.0?

The second question is just about personal preference. Because the
limitation of my hard drive(8.4G), I have to use my disk economically.
There are only almost 1.6G Bytes available for the installation of Win
NT right now in my hard drive. Could anyone tell me how large hard disk
spaces it needs to install and smoothly run NT? I know it will differ
somewhat, but any suggestion will be welcome.

Thanks,

Davis

--
I do not feel shameful if I was and am an idiot; I
will feel shameful if I haven't realized it.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Win 95+Win NT+Linux???

Post by gurut.. » Tue, 01 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>I got Windows 95 at my first hard disk primary partition, linux at the
>second primary partition and plan to put Win NT at the third primary
>partition.
>Some HOWTO recommend that the partition type for Win NT be FAT16 instead
>of NTFS. The linux in my computer is RedHat 6.0 and I am going to boot
>my computer with lilo. Could anyone tell me whether this correct or not
>for RedHat 6.0?

At work I've installed RH6.0 Win 95 and NT on the same PC without
problem.
My hard disk partitioning is
1 primary partition FAT 16 with W95 and NT
1 primary partition FAT16 to store my data
1 Extended partition with 1 logical drive ext2 and 1 logical swap
drive with linux

I manage my boot with the NT boot loader