How to :Reading writing & formatting Linux floppy from DOS ?

How to :Reading writing & formatting Linux floppy from DOS ?

All help        appreciated

Post by Frank Samuelso » Wed, 18 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> All help        appreciated

I'm not sure that I understand your question.  Let me say, however,
that it is easy to format/write a DOS formatted
diskette under DOS.  Linux can then just read this DOS formatted
disk:

Put the line

/dev/fd0      /mnt/dosfloppy      msdos   noauto,user,umask=000 0 0

into /etc/fstab, make certain that the directory /mnt/dosfloppy
exists, then type

mount /mnt/dosfloppy

/mnt/dosfloppy will then contain the contents of your DOS diskette.
If you have more than 1 floppy drive you may need to use /dev/fd#
where # is the number of the drive.

1. Floppy Drive to write DOS formatted diskettes

Please help.  I need to be able to share information between a System V.4 UNIX
box and DOS PCs.  This application calls for writing data to a diskette so
that the files can be viewed remotely on PC compatible computers.  How can
you do this?

Thanks in Advance,
Matt Barber
wixer.bga.com!eagle!mdb
(512) 345-6900 ext 224
--

Michael K. Makuch
ABM Data Systems, Austin TX

2. x86 video config

3. How to read/write/format MS-DOS floppy disks???

4. Replacing Boot Disk -- advice please

5. GNU gcc's mstats()

6. Is SCO 3.0 a POP server?

7. can't read/write/format floppies

8. Reading files off a DOS formatted floppy disk

9. How to read/write a IOMEGA ZIP100 SCSI drive which is DOS formatted ?

10. Reading and writing to DOS floppies

11. Need software to read/write DOS-compatible disks on DECstation floppy drive.