Driver for SCSI IBM ServeRAID for IBM Netfinity 5500 ?

Driver for SCSI IBM ServeRAID for IBM Netfinity 5500 ?

Post by Mauro Menin » Thu, 12 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi!
Anybody out there who has experience with the IBM ServeRAID SCSI controller
? Please tell me any resources for Linux driver-
software and/or HOWTOs!
Yours, Mauro

Post by Lee Alle » Fri, 13 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>Hi!
>Anybody out there who has experience with the IBM ServeRAID SCSI controller
>? Please tell me any resources for Linux driver-
>software and/or HOWTOs!

I have not heard of any support for this controller.

-Lee Allen

Post by Christian Klei » Mon, 16 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> >Hi!
> >Anybody out there who has experience with the IBM ServeRAID SCSI controller
> >? Please tell me any resources for Linux driver-
> >software and/or HOWTOs!

> I have not heard of any support for this controller.

> -Lee Allen

 al lot of IBM's RAID controllers are Mylex's in disguise.  try
www.dandelion.com/Linux.

christian klein

Driver for SCSI IBM ServeRAID for IBM Netfinity 5500 ?

Post by bulw.. » Mon, 16 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Let there be no confusion. If your RAID card is a ServeRAID card, it
is NOT Mylex-based. ServeRAID cards are ALL based on PowerPC chips.
The Mylex cards are not called ServeRAID.
Perhaps this will save you some running around.

                        --Eoin

On Sun, 15 Nov 1998 00:44:31 -0600, Christian Klein

>> >Hi!
>> >Anybody out there who has experience with the IBM ServeRAID SCSI controller
>> >? Please tell me any resources for Linux driver-
>> >software and/or HOWTOs!

>> I have not heard of any support for this controller.

>> -Lee Allen

> al lot of IBM's RAID controllers are Mylex's in disguise.  try
>www.dandelion.com/Linux.

>christian klein

1. IBM ServeRAID / Netfinity SCSI drivers

For those that are interested, IBM has a web site with BETA drivers for
the ServeRAID SCSI controllers.  Since I did NOT find this information
on a search I am posting it for all those who may need/want drivers for
these controllers or systems.  The address to check is:

  http://www.developer.ibm.com/welcome/netfinity/serveraid_beta.html

This was active as of 6/9/99.  I hope this is helpfull for everyone.

Larry Troth
Systems Engineer
The Unicode Group, Inc.
http://www.unicode.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. my version of the Linux FAQ

3. IBM ServeRAID II / Netcinity 5500

4. Giving users access to certain 'root' functions

5. FreeBSD and IBM Netfinity 5500 Compatable?

6. Problems with IO on SP Silver Node

7. installing Linux Mandrake on IBM netfinity 5500

8. NEW SITE!!!!: members.tripod.com/~tonberry/

9. Red Hat Linux 6.0 on IBM Netfinity 5500 M20

10. IBM Netfinity 5500 and Caldera 2.2 Problems

11. IBM Netfinity 5500 + ServerRaid + 5.05

12. IBM Netfinity 5500 and Linux?

13. Linux and IBM netfinity 5500