Audio/Modem Riser (AMR) slot

Post by Stephens Cre » Tue, 07 Aug 2001 10:05:05

I recently bought a new system that has an Audio/Modem Riser slot built into
the motherboard.  Does anyone
have any idea if there are modules to access a modem through this slot?
Thanks much.

        -jermsteph

Audio/Modem Riser (AMR) slot

Post by Adam Maje » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 03:31:25

> I recently bought a new system that has an Audio/Modem Riser slot built into
> the motherboard.  Does anyone
> have any idea if there are modules to access a modem through this slot?
> Thanks much.

>         -jermsteph

I don't think that you will find many for linux :( But then again that
might be good. On my Mobo (Asus K7V) I use the slot to mount the extra 2
USB ports from the motherboard...

AMR is just a cheap generic interface used to build Winmodems and *
like that. IMO, it is basically useless under any OS other than MS [why?
because those companies make drivers only for Winblows.]

Audio/Modem Riser (AMR) slot

Post by Ben Kuh » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 05:52:29

> I recently bought a new system that has an Audio/Modem Riser slot built into
> the motherboard.  Does anyone
> have any idea if there are modules to access a modem through this slot?
> Thanks much.

>         -jermsteph

I didn't think the AMR cards ever really hit the market (yeah, I know the slots
are on most modern mobos, but the only card I could find appears to have been
discontinued)..  Do you actually have an AMR modem, or are you just looking to
see what's out there?  If you do have one, could you let me know me who makes
it?

- Ben

  benk.vcf
< 1K Download

1. Modem Riser AMR Aztech MR2800-w installation

Hi,
I have the Linux-Mandrake 8.0 with kernel 2.4.3
I have an AMR riser modem called Aztech MR2800-w
I've installed the driver that I've found on SmartLink site,
and all seems to work but... when I try to connect with kppp
it tells me that the modem is busy. So I've changed the port of the modem
and
try "/dev/modem" instead of "/dev/tty3" (or something like this) but there
always
the message "modem busy".
So I've tried to launch manually the driver by typing "./load_slmdm" as
the manual says. But nothing to do, always "modem busy" message appears.
I don't know what to do, and I am not  practice in kernel compiling.

Thanks in advance.
Galerio

2. mcc-interim and shadow /bin/login ignore .cshrc with tcsh

3. ALSA broken in 2.5.61

4. Any hardware modems that fit in an AMR slot?

5. Can't get color ls in RH 4.1

6. Modem/audio riser in Asus A7V

7. Mosaic thru a firewall

8. Accessing AMR slot 's card

9. AMR slot / scsi / multimedia

10. AMR slot and volcano winmodem

11. If I have an AMR slot

12. Help: How to get Modem Riser and sound card work under RH6.1 ?