HELP NEEDED: Ethernet card not recognized

HELP NEEDED: Ethernet card not recognized

Post by Arif Kh » Fri, 15 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I have a NE2000 compatible combo card in my Linux box. I am running
RedHat's Linux 2.0. I have tried adding an "append" line in the lilo.conf
script so that linux autoprobes for the ethernet. I have also including the
parameters. To-date nothing has worked. Incidently, my LAN is connected via
a bnc connection. As I am new to Linux, I could sure use all the help I can
get.

Thanks

1. help needed to recognize ethernet card

I am using redhat 7.0. My ethernet card is not recognized upon boot.
Earlier versions of redhat did recognize the existence of the card,
although I did not use it for anything. Since I am having a cable modem
connection installed, it is essential that I am sure my system will
recognize the card.     However, I am absolutely clueless how to do
this. To compound the problem, I am not even sure what type of card is
installed. I think it is a 3Com.
    So, I must resolve this before I have the cable man come. Any help
is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dick Fell

2. setup of cable modem with non-routable LAN

3. Help needed: EEPro10 card not recognized

4. Looking for ATI 3D RAGE PRO AGP driver for Redhat 6.0.

5. HELP: Ethernet PCMCIA card recognised as memory card

6. be a SMALL internet provider

7. 2 Ethernet Card not recognized

8. Fix for bad CBIND calls in term112

9. ne-2k/8029 clone ethernet card not recognize by kernel

10. Ethernet card problems, not recognized after update

11. 3com ethernet card not recognized

12. RedHat 6.1 will not recognize my ISA 3Com509 ethernet card

13. ethernet card not recognized.