LCD monitors

Post by Ken Ri » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Am thinking of getting one of those new $1000 14"-15" LCD monitors for
a not yet selected machine.  Like for instance a Compaq TFT450 flat
panel, or a Philips Brilliance 151AX, etc.  They most all say SVGA
1024x768 so I originally thought it would be a vanilla monitor, plug
and run, no special drivers.  Now I am reading that there can be sync
problems on an analog connection, & a digital interface is way better,
raising the question of drivers.  Or am I totally lost and will need
drivers regardless?

Any experience with brands of LCD monitors, analog vs digital interface,
from Linux of course.

Thanks.  If you email, will post summary of received info in a week.

--
-ken rich           fault___

1. Change CRT monitor to LCD monitor

I would like to change my normal CRT monitor attached 43p model 140 to a LCD
monitor. Am I able to do that? If yes, what is the precaution and what is
the procedure? Thanks for any hints.

2. awk script problem

3. Pixels on LCD Monitor glow

4. Memory usage of apps

5. question about video cards for digital LCD monitors

6. Cannon BJ 200e setup problem

7. Support for LCD Monitors?

8. Help me with memory management

9. Xwindows problem with SiS6326 with LCD monitor

10. Smaller LCD Monitor

11. LCD monitors

12. Digital LCD Monitor support under Linux

13. Digital LCD monitor