Storagetek 9710 or 9730

Post by DDEGP » Wed, 27 May 1998 04:00:00

Hello
Has someone succeded in using Storagetek 9710 or 9730.
and How (software, drivers, ...)

Thanks for all informations

David Degouilles

1. StorageTek 9730 and ufsdump/

Hi all!
I need to set up a StorageTek 9730 on a Sparcserver 1000E running Solaris
2.5.1. Until now this server has been using a Sun DLT 4700 stacker and
ufsdump/vxdump script (placed in crontab) to do the daily backup. We don't
have time to change the backup routines and want to keep the old backup
script. The StorageTek 9730 is a tape libary with its own robot unit and a
separate DLT unit. Each with its own SCSI id. The good thing with the Sun
DLT 4700 was that the mt command was used to change cartridge and I'm afraid
that the StorageTek 9730 needs some kind of controlling sw since the robot
is a separate unit. Any idea how to solve this problem fast and easy?

Per Sverre Stiansen, System Engineer
NCAA
Norway

2. fread returns eof too soon on a binary file (FreeBSD)

3. ADSM using 9730

4. Solaris 8 and ADSL

5. WD 9710 chip

6. Difference between Redhat versions?

7. Paradise Pipeline WD-9710 video card support?

8. NCSA build Playstation 2 Linux cluster -- ncsa.UIUC.edu

9. WD 9710 Video Card driver

10. Does WD 9710 (Paradise Pipeline 64) work OK with X ?

11. X on a Paradise Pipeline 64 WD 9710

12. X with WD 9710 Video Chip Set - No Go?`

13. Two JNI cards, want both to see Hitachi disks and StorageTek Powderhorn tape drives