NEC Superscript 660 Plus printer compatible with Red Hat 6.0?

NEC Superscript 660 Plus printer compatible with Red Hat 6.0?

Post by Dan Werne » Thu, 09 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I saw in the printing howto that my NEC Superscript 660 Plus is
imcompatible
with Red Hat.

I"m hoping that someone has found a way to make it work since the howto
was written.  Has anyone had success with this printer on Red Hat?

I thought I'd check before I threw it out the window.

Thanks for any help,
Dan Werner

NEC Superscript 660 Plus printer compatible with Red Hat 6.0?

Post by Jeff Barlo » Thu, 09 Mar 2000 04:00:00

It's a windows printer only. The driver does all the rendering. You need
a new printer. Been there, done that.

Quote:>I saw in the printing howto that my NEC Superscript 660 Plus is
>imcompatible
>with Red Hat.

>I"m hoping that someone has found a way to make it work since the howto
>was written.  Has anyone had success with this printer on Red Hat?

>I thought I'd check before I threw it out the window.

>Thanks for any help,
>Dan Werner

1. Any one use NEC SuperScript 660 or 860 printer with Linux??

Anyone has experience with the NEC SuperScript 660 or 860 printer??

The 660 mode is 6 ppm model and support PCL5 & Postscript 2 language,
but I was told that, it must be run  under Windows 95 only to work with
PS2 language.. I need to verify on this..

The 860 model is a faster one (8 ppm) and supports PCL4 only, it doesn't
support PS2 language.  I want to find out if this model run under
Linux..

Thanks,

Linh C. Nguyen

++++++++++++++++

2. xxgdb 1.08

3. NEC SUPERSCRIPT 660 printer problem !!??

4. How to configure: S3_ViRGE server

5. Host-based Printers (NEC Superscript 660)

6. autologout/lock on tcsh ...

7. Opinions on NEC Superscript 610/660 Laser printers

8. mput, mget different speed ?

9. NEC Superscript 660

10. NEC SuperScript 660 -- Help!!

11. Linux / NEC SuperScript 660 problem