Printer on parrallel port not recognized by kernel

Printer on parrallel port not recognized by kernel

Post by Michael Kell » Wed, 22 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I have TurboLinux Workstation 4.0 newly installed and have most
stuff working, but during boot it puts in /var/log/messages
something like "lp driver loaded but no hardware found"
and the printer doesn't go through the initialization cycle
during bootup.  The printer works in 2 other MS OSs so
I'm wondering if maybe Linux gets confused if the Parrallel
port isn't in a particular mode or something.

It's a DeskJet 500 and it works fine on an old 486 with
a 2.0.27 kernel so I'm surprised the TurboLinux install
didn't seem to configure it correctly.

Anyone run into this and solve it?

TIA

Mike

--

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
    -- Groucho Marx

1. Not recognising printer port

Hi All

I have just installed RH6.1 and all appears
to be fine except it does not recognise my
printer port which should be at 0x0378 irq7
i have the lp module loaded and lpd running
but when I go to setup the printer it states
no printer found on ports lp0 lp1 lp2 bugger!!

any ideas

Bryan

2. RedHat 4.0 and passwords

3. Parrallel port not found

4. Newbie question: Shutting down ports?

5. Kernel 2.0.29 not recognizing lpt1 port

6. xfree options

7. Parallel port not recognized by kernel, 2.0.30, even though configured in.

8. Pop (mail) server

9. no serial port and no parrallel port how do i console to a router

10. PCMCIA SMC2835W card not recognized by kernel-2.4.* and kernel-2.6.5

11. printer port not showing - adding new port

12. Adding Parrallel Printer Later Hassles