Canon BJC-600 color printer driver for ghostscript?

Canon BJC-600 color printer driver for ghostscript?

Post by Chris Laa » Sat, 24 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I have been trying to print postscript files on my Canon BJC-600 using
ghostscript; however, I can't figure out what driver I should use to
print in color.  I have been able to print black and white using the
epson and bj200 drivers, with better resolution with the bj200; however,
the epsonc driver, which ought to work, doesn't.  I am using Aladdin
Ghostscript 2.6.2, and have tried both settings of DIP switch 12 with
many of the drivers, but with no results.  Does anyone know how to get
the darn thing to work?

--Xris

--
"If A equals success, then the formula is A = X + Y + Z.  X is work.  Y
is

"I'm not like John Lennon, who thought he was the Almighty.  I just
think I'm
John Lennon." -- Noel Gallagher, lead singer, guitarist, and songwriter
of
Oasis, on the importance of remaining humble despite great fame.

Chris "Xris" Laas (that's me!) can be found lurking at

Post by Brian Wo » Sun, 25 Aug 1996 04:00:00

: I have been trying to print postscript files on my Canon BJC-600 using
: ghostscript; however, I can't figure out what driver I should use to
: print in color.  I have been able to print black and white using the
: epson and bj200 drivers, with better resolution with the bj200; however,
: the epsonc driver, which ought to work, doesn't.  I am using Aladdin
: Ghostscript 2.6.2, and have tried both settings of DIP switch 12 with
: many of the drivers, but with no results.  Does anyone know how to get
: the darn thing to work?

Ghostscript 3.33 has a driver for the BJC-600. I have used it for my
BJC-4000 and it worked fine.

--
Brian E.W. Wood

"Would you put your money in a bank which used Windows '95 to manage accounts?"

1. REQUEST: support for Canon BJC-600 printer

: I don't know if this has to be written into the kernel or what, but could
: someone please create a mechanism to support color printing on the Canon
: BJC-600 color printer?  It is a very popular printer right now, so I
: believe that this will be benefit a lot of people.  If such support for
: this printer exists, could someone please point it out to me?  Thanks.

: --

:    of New York   / "If music be the food of love, \  | | ()|||||||[:::}

        David:
                I really don't thick that printer support falls under the
        kernel! All you need is the appropriate printer filter for the kind
        of file you are printing and you should be all set. I would suggest
        looking at comp.os.linux.announce for printer filters or the ghostscript
        package for postscript interpreting.

Computer Science        Youngstown State University
A pre-determined amount of chaos is a natural occurance.

2. ORBit for uClinux

3. Canon BJC-600/610 drivers?

4. PPPD -- No /dev/modem

5. Canon BJC-600 driver???

6. Why must index.shtml be explicitly called?

7. Help: Cannot print to Canon BJC 600 via ghostscript!

8. Solaris 2.5 PPP: RIP keeps line up

9. Canon BJC 620 versus Epson Stylus Color 600 under Linux ???

10. Canon BJC-600 won't print....

11. Canon BJC-600 Printcap Entry

12. Canon BJC-600 won't print....