1. SuSE 9.1 - can't communicate with router
I have spent 3 days on this box, I am in need of some advice. Here is
what I've got and tried so far...
Installed SuSE 9.1 and try to connect to router. I was not able to get
the nics to get DHCP, but I am able set a static IP address on it. I
can ping within the box. This box used to be RH9 and used the same
Netmask, IP and Boardcast, nothing work. I also used Yast to set it up
but it dosn't work either. I cannot ping to the router (and of course,
not outside world).
I've checked /etc/resolv.conf have DNS address in it,
I've checked /etc/sysconfig/network/ethxxxx file have all the correct
I know the nics are good, I still have my old RH9 in aother drive in
case something like this happen, I put the old drive in and got the up
and running again, so I know the HW are good.
Here is the behavior I got when I do ping,
The light on the router blink and the light on the eth0 blink too, but
I get Desitination unreachable.
I think this is some setting that I'm not putting in but where? please
Destination /Gateway /Genmask /Flag /IFace
192.168.0.0 / * /255.255.255.0/U/eth0
link-local / * /255.255.0.0 / U/ eth0
loopback / * /255.0.0.0 / U / lo
default / 192.168.0.2 / 0.0.0.0/UG/ eth0
Nics tried so far
AON 3xx Realtek chip
2. Out of enviroment space for CGI script?!
3. Gnomemeeting + Quickcam 4000 pro mic + ICE1712 + Alsa on MDK 9.1
4. Sending e-mail locally
5. Sylpheed-0.9.1 does not compile under RH7.3./ MDK 9.1
6. Prism 2.5 Wavelan chipset
7. Wireless network card for SUSE 9.1
8. SCSI timeouts (1.1.89)
9. Installing a C-Media sound card / Suse 9.1
10. LINUX SUSE 9.1
11. Network timeouts on suse 9.3 after upgrade from 9.1
12. Installing SUSE LINUX Personal 9.1 on a Gateway 300S
13. Linksys WMP54G on SuSE 9.1