2.2.1 - apparently won't copy to boot sector

2.2.1 - apparently won't copy to boot sector

Post by grandma angs » Mon, 08 Feb 1999 04:00:00

after recompiling the kernel, i ran "make zlilo".

it ended saying, "can't put boot sector on logical partition 0x345".

i am using red hat 5.1 with kernel 2.0.35, and am desperate to get this
new kernel running.

1. copied Win partition, now won't boot

I copied Linux partitions and a Windows partition to a larger drive
using cp -a on Linux after partitioning the drive and creating the
appropriate file systems. After running lilo on the new drive, Linux
boots fine; Windows doesn't: I just get "Loading Windows 95" and then
nothing happens. Is there something that has to be copied but isn't
copied by cp -a?

Bob T.

2. Any Galaxy users out there?

3. Slackware won't boot or let me set sectoring

4. innd 1.7 configuration ?

5. The Problem -- The new lilo won't overwrite the old boot sector.

6. Tape recommendations?

7. : SLS 1.03 won't boot: Error on Ramdisk at sector 1200

8. Help!! Help!!

9. LILO Won't write a boot sector on HD!

10. Need clarification: what really is 'MBR' and what is 'BOOT SECTOR'?

11. sector-by-sector copy of while drive?

12. how do I disk copy sector by sector

13. FreeBSD 4.2 won't boot - 'read error' on boot after install