Diamond Stealth 3D/ ViRGE chipset

Post by dars.. » Sun, 06 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I'm having trouble getting X to work with anything other than
640X480X16c. If anyone has got X to work with anything better than
this, I'd really appreciate it if you could post your /etc/XF86Config
file. Thanks in Advance,

1. Diamond Stealth 3d 2000 Pro, and the Diamond Stealth 3d 3000, in Xfree86

If your having problems with the Diamond Stealth 3d 2000 Pro, and the
Diamond Stealth 3d 3000, in Xfree86, please read.

It's the "pro" part of you Stealth 3d 2000 that is giving you the
problem. It's designed for video in addition to regular display. This is
also a problem with many of the Stealth 3d 3000 cards(but not all). The
fix is to cut it back to 16bpp. You see, at 24bpp and 32bpp, the Stealth
3000 needs a special driver that handles the mpeg/avi video acceleration
features of these cards. But not at 16bpp.

Sometimes you can get away with running the Diamond Stealth 3d 2000 pro,
and the Diamond Stealth 3d 3000 at 24bpp and 32bpp. But chances are
you'll get the following problems:

XF_s3V server: lockups when user exits window manager, screen turns neon
lime green or red(other colors also reported, but these two are the most
common). However, this server works fine at 16bpp.

XF_SVGA server: works great, but acceleration at 24bpp or 32 bpp is not
complete!!!!! Boot up Netscape and you will see what I mean. The buttons
on Navigator will be in black&white.

These problems do not effect the Stealth 3d 2000 "classic", just the
Stealth 3d 2000 Pro and the Stealth 3d 3000 series cards.

Carter

2. GRUB and re-boot

3. DIAMOND Stealth 3D (S3 Virge) Problems

4. Bush vowes to destroy all their business's and jobs!

5. ViRGE & Diamond Stealth 3D 3000

6. Installing KDE

7. DIAMOND STEALTH 3D (S3 VIRGE)..PROBLEMS..

8. export in .zlogin (zsh 2.5.02, IRIX 5.3)

9. Problems with Diamond Stealth 3D 3240 S3 Virge VX

10. Diamond Stealth 3D(S3 Virge)

11. Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 (S3 ViRGE)

12. Trouble with a Diamond Stealth 3D 2000, S3 Virge

13. Diamond Stealth 3D (S3-Virge) with XFree86 ?