Anyone Have/Like Tseng 6000 Chipset?

Post by T » Tue, 29 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Subject pretty much says it all. A couple of things I've read suggest
the 6000  makes the basis for a good all-around card for Linux, as
long as one isn't big on 3-D games and such. Which I'm not.

Any performance quirks in Linux? Any weird tweeks necessary? If not,
looks like a good buy.

TIA,
Tim

To send return mail, remove SPAM from address.

Anyone Have/Like Tseng 6000 Chipset?

Post by Graham Irvi » Mon, 04 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

> Subject pretty much says it all. A couple of things I've read suggest
> the 6000  makes the basis for a good all-around card for Linux, as
> long as one isn't big on 3-D games and such. Which I'm not.

> Any performance quirks in Linux? Any weird tweeks necessary? If not,
> looks like a good buy.

Absolutely ,certainly the best price/performance ratio anyway and arguably <G>
although no argument here outstrips the millenium in all but hi-color modes
and if 3D is your bent add a Righteous or something and blow away any probs in
that department big time.

BTW Tseng current do an OEM only ET6100 I am being told which VIdeoLogic and
Hercules use in there current cards which sorts out the deficiencies v's the
Millenium in hi-color modes . I haven't verified this as I am not in the market ATM
but possibly will be when the ET6300 arrives (soon).

<Awaiting Matroxian Backlash> ... grin

--
insist on LINUX !!

1. STB LightSpeed128 (Tseng 6000)

Hi!!!
I just upgraded to Pentium and I also got better video card... STB
LightSpeed 128... it's great, but I have problems configuring it with
Linux/X.... Can anybody help???
Please send your response here and also to:

as I check my e-mail more often than news...
ThanX for any help!!!!!

Do or do not. There is no try...

**************************************
* http://www2.ny.cybernex.net/~piotr *
**************************************

2. Minicom 1.60 colors

3. Tseng 6000 and Nec 19 inch

4. Summing a bunch of values

5. Having trouble with Tseng ET4000_W32i and W32 Server for X

6. File Operations With Journaling

7. Lightspeed 128 w/ Tseung 6000 chipset and Xwindows.

8. DLT2000XT firmware loads

9. Anyone Using StarOffice? Liking It?

10. Does Tseng W32P chipset work with XFree86?

11. svgalib and the Tseng ET6000 chipset

12. SIS 6326 AGP (or Tseng chipset)

13. Config for Diamond Stealth 32 VLB W/Tseng ET4000 Chipset???