HELP: Pro Graphics 1024 from Media Vision

HELP: Pro Graphics 1024 from Media Vision

Post by Pawel Rogo » Tue, 17 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I've got a Pro Graphics 1024, local bus video card, with 2.2 MB on board. The
XF86_SVGA recognizes the card as Cirrus Logic 542x with 512k. In this mode X
are painfully slow and the only resolution I can work with is 640x480. Does
anyone know how can I make X to recognize my card?

        Pawel

1. Help! Compaq Q-vision EISA 1024 Graphics card!

Hi!
Is there anybody who runs linux with Compaq Q-vision EISA 1024 graphics card?

I have Compaq DeskPro 66M(486Dx2 66Mhz) with 24 Mb system ram, 510 Mb Conner
IDE hard drive, and a graphics card mentioned above.  The monitor I have is NEC
5FG connected with the system via 5connector BNC cable.

I have read the Linux manual many many times to find out if my graphics card
works with Linux, especially with X-windows.  The only mentioned graphics card
from Compaq in the manual is Compaq AVGA card.

I have called compaq technical support several times to ask if my graphics card
works with Linux.  However, their answers were not clear, also, even some of
the technicians sound they do not know about Linux.  One technician even told
me just install Linux and play with the refresh rate and frequency(?) and the
software(Linux)will not hurt the hardware at all.  He said just install and see
what happened. Another technician said, "Because Q-vision is better graphics
card than Compaq AVGA, it should work with Linux without any problem as long as
the linux manual says Compaq AVGA works".

Since I have seen a monitor's cable was burning and smoking at one of my
friend's place when he tried to install Linux to his system at the first time,
I am very nerveous about the graphics card.

If anyone knows about any information of the Compaq Q-vision EISA 1024 graphics
card(I have 1 Mb ram on it) related with Linux insallation, please lt me know.

Thank you very much for your time.

2. HP Deskjet 890c and ghostscript

3. Media Vision Prographics 1024 video trouble

4. Repocopy request: www/jakarta-tomcat4 -> www/jakarta-tomcat4-devel

5. Pro Graphics 1024 -- help!

6. ls

7. Pro Graphics 1024 vedio setup--HELP!

8. Setting up XDM and swtiching between run levels

9. Help: Media Vision Pro Audio Spectrum 16

10. Please help CD-ROM with Media Vision Pro Audio Studio

11. Media Vision Pro 3D SCSI + CD-ROM?

12. Media Vision Pro/Premium 3D soundcard support?

13. X for Media Vision Pro 1280