Supra 288i PNP VoiceModem

Post by Andrei S. Tama » Fri, 29 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I have recently installed Linux on my 486 machine.  Unfortunately, I'm
having difficutly in Linux being able to detect my modem.  Since my
modem is Plug 'N' Pray do you have any suggestions of how I can make
this work?

Thank you in advance.

Supra 288i PNP VoiceModem

Post by J.M. Hinkl » Sat, 30 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> I have recently installed Linux on my 486 machine.  Unfortunately, I'm
> having difficutly in Linux being able to detect my modem.  Since my
> modem is Plug 'N' Pray do you have any suggestions of how I can make
> this work?

> Thank you in advance.

If you set up "Plug 'n' Play" (Ha HA) in Windows beforehand, then run
Linux, it might work.  It did for me.  The setup is semi-permanent:
Sometimes on a crash the data is destroyed.  I just restart Windows,
exit and reboot Linux.

I have no idea how it's done strictly from Linux, and after long
experience with the documentation, I'd rather do it this way than spend
the next month trying to sort it out from printed material.  I'm not
sure it's mentioned in connection with the Slackware distribution, but I
did see something on it in connection with the RedHat distribution.
There is a 'pnp' directory somewhere in the RedHat tree.  You might find
something useful there.

:wq

1. anyone have success with a Supra 288i PnP modem?

Has any one had success in using a Supra 28.8 internal Plug and
Play modem with linux? I have a bad feeling that I shouldn't have
bought this because it won't work without a proprietary, MS
Windows-specific driver..

2. Save over 50%

3. Supra 288i PnP - Will this work under linux?

4. FIPS2.0 on NTFS

5. Setting up Supra 288i PnP modem in Linux

6. Socket error reading ?

7. Modem Problems - Supra 288i PNP

8. sex deviance in linux hard to achieve

9. Modem: Using Supra 288i pnp with PPP

10. Supra 288i PnP modem

11. Help - Supra 288i Internal modem

12. Supra FAXModem 288i problem....