Zoom 56K Model 2925L PCI Modem - will it work?

Zoom 56K Model 2925L PCI Modem - will it work?

Post by Stephen McGinni » Tue, 18 May 1999 04:00:00

Well, RedHat Linux 6.0 (which I just upgraded to yesterday from 5.2) still
gives an "unknown device" under "PCI devices found" for my modem.  Am I
still beating a VERY dead horse or has someone actually managed to get this
particular modem to work under Linux?

(Thanks in advance to all of you who are tired of hearing about PCI modems!)

Steve McGinnis

(p.s. The good news is that Glint is no longer broken since  RedHat switched
to Gnome!)

Post by Rob Cla » Tue, 18 May 1999 04:00:00

>Well, RedHat Linux 6.0 (which I just upgraded to yesterday from 5.2) still
>gives an "unknown device" under "PCI devices found" for my modem.  Am I
>still beating a VERY dead horse or has someone actually managed to get this
>particular modem to work under Linux?

No, it's a winmodem-- you will not get it to work.

Sorry :(

http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html

Zoom 56K Model 2925L PCI Modem - will it work?

Post by Stephen McGinni » Wed, 19 May 1999 04:00:00

Maybe one day of the Linux programming "geniuses" will figure out a driver
for these things.

Meanwhile, thank you for replying.  <sigh>
=========

>>Well, RedHat Linux 6.0 (which I just upgraded to yesterday from 5.2) still
>>gives an "unknown device" under "PCI devices found" for my modem.  Am I
>>still beating a VERY dead horse or has someone actually managed to get
this
>>particular modem to work under Linux?

>No, it's a winmodem-- you will not get it to work.

>Sorry :(

>http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html

Zoom 56K Model 2925L PCI Modem - will it work?

Post by Eric Fierk » Thu, 20 May 1999 04:00:00

considering most of the programming "geniuses" are disgusted with the
concept of winmodems, I really doubt it.  If you want to try, go right
ahead, but don't expect ANY support from the manufacturer.

Eric

> Maybe one day of the Linux programming "geniuses" will figure out a driver
> for these things.

> Meanwhile, thank you for replying.  <sigh>
> =========

> >>Well, RedHat Linux 6.0 (which I just upgraded to yesterday from 5.2) still
> >>gives an "unknown device" under "PCI devices found" for my modem.  Am I
> >>still beating a VERY dead horse or has someone actually managed to get
> this
> >>particular modem to work under Linux?

> >No, it's a winmodem-- you will not get it to work.

> >Sorry :(

> >http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html

1. zoom 56k pci dualmode modem (model 2925)

Anybody had any luck getting this sucker to work? I don't %believe%
it's a winmodem, but linux doesn't seem willing to recognize it as a
serial port. Any hints, based on experience or otherwise, will be
greatly appreciated.

2. Cannot Mount Root?

3. Help with a Zoom 56K PCI Pnp Modem (NO WINMODEM)

4. kernel setup () and initrd

5. Is it posible to use ZOOM PCI 56k modem under Linux?

6. Problem with ftp and telnet

7. Zoom 56k PCI Modem

8. JavaStation

9. Zoom 56K PCI Modem

10. zoom 56k pci fax modem

11. ZOOM Dualmode PCI 56K modem

12. Zoom 56k Flex Modem PCI, Rockwell chipset

13. Does Zoom 56K-Dual modem (interne) work with Linux?