Anyone have experience with Redhat on Digital HiNote Ultra 2000?

Anyone have experience with Redhat on Digital HiNote Ultra 2000?

Post by Erik W. Mill » Sat, 14 Mar 1998 04:00:00

We're looking at purchasing a DEC Hinote 2000 laptop and want to know
if anyone has successfully set up Redhat 5 on one.  Specifically, we
are wondering about how the display performs with XFree86 and if you
can get the advertised resolutions (1024x768, 16bit on LCD; 1280x1024,
16bit on external) using XFree.
        We are also interested in any troubles with drivers for any of
the usual suspects on laptops (keyboards, touchpad, ports, sound, etc)
and especially any information or experience on getting the
suspend/hibernate modes to work with Linux.

Thanks in advance;

Erik Miller