Probleme mit 3DLabs Permedia 2v (onboard) / Problems with 3DLabs Permedia 2v (onboard)

Probleme mit 3DLabs Permedia 2v (onboard) / Problems with 3DLabs Permedia 2v (onboard)

Post by J?rg Emmelman » Sun, 21 Oct 2001 22:10:08

Hallo!

Auf Arbeit nutze ich eine DIGITAL Workstation mit onboard 3DLabs
Permedia 2v Grafikchip. Leider bekomme ich unter X11 Version 4 (KDE
2.xx, SuSE 7.2 bzw. 7.3)  bei Verwendung des glint-Treibers mie 16bit
und 1280x1024 Streifen und falsche Farbmuster an den Titel- und
Menleisten sowie an den Scrollbalken. Gibt es generelle Probleme mit
onboard Grafikcontrollern dieses Typs? Was kann ich tun?

Mit freundlichen Gr?en
J?rg Emmelmann

Hello!

At work I use a DIGITAL workstation with onboard 3DLabs Permedia 2v
Video controller. Unfortunately I get in X11 Version 4 (KDE 2.xx, SuSE
7.2 respective 7.3) when I use the glint driver with 16 bit and
1280x1024 stripes and false colour patterns at the titlebars menubards
and scrollbars. Are there general problems with onboard Video
controllers of this type? What can I do?

With kind reards
Joerg Emmelmann

1. Q. Howto setup Permedia 2v card and 3DLabs server with XF86Setup?

I have XFree 3.3.3.1 and the 3DLabs server installed from the COL 2.2
installation CD.  The 3DLabs server indicates that it supports the
Permedia 2 card, but no Permedia cards are actually listed inside
XF86Setup.  After experimenting with some of the Elsa Gloria card
settings, I decided not to pick a card.  I setup the monitor settings,
picked 3DLabs under server for the detailed setup, and picked done.  I
then played around with xvidtune for awhile to cleanup the modes a bit.
Some modes (mostly low res ones) are bowed but I can run X and KDE.  Is
there a better way to do this?  If the Permedia card were listed would
I get better performance/mode tuning by picking it from the list?

2. Help! seting up terminal connection

3. Permedia 2v meltdown

4. Partitioning question???

5. Permedia 2V Server weirdocities

6. Packet loss, DHCP

7. Need Xserver for Permedia 2v chipset

8. STB Velocity 128 AGP Video card supported?

9. X Server for 3dlabs's Permedia 2?

10. ExpertColor with 3Dlabs Permedia

11. 3DLabs Permedia 2 chipset

12. Help: How to config the AccelStar II (3Dlabs Permedia 2) video card

13. XFree doesn't like the 3DLabs PERMEDIA 2: any alternative??