VIA VT8363 & 686A

Post by Dave Canne » Wed, 27 Mar 2002 05:04:18

softwareandstuff (http://www.softwareandstuff.com) has the following;
FIC AZ-11 ATX MB w/ AMD Duron 1Ghz. CPU & Fan with the VIA VT8363 and 686A
chipset.  MB and 1GHz Duron for $90, barebones for $115.  Is this
worthwhile for a decent Linux system realizing that I'd have to populate
it with memory and drives?  Is it a reasonable systems for Linux even NOT
taking that into account?

Thanks, Dave Cannell (who has no interest in softwareandstuff 8-)
--

1. Help: VIA 686A sound chip!!

I recently bought a PC with a ATX VA5 motherboard. It has an on-board VIA
VT82C686A southbridge. When I first installed linux on this machine, I used the
default via82cxx.o that comes with my slakware distribution. I could load the
module with no error but I got no sound. I checked on device dsp, audio, mixer.
Everything seems OK, just no sound. Then I recompiled kernel and installed ALSA
driver written by you. The module could be loaded, too. But I can't find device
/dev/dsp or audio or mixer. The situation looks even worse. Could you guys tell me what went wrong? Your early response is much appreciated.

Kenny

2. Red Hat 5.0 Install problems

3. ALSA sound for Via 686a again !

4. Help needed: Solaris print client to non-std printer TCP port

5. modprobe for via 686a soundcard fails

6. Control of read speed on CD-ROM

7. ALSA Via 686A build problem, patch

8. ssh and ssl

9. odd timer bug, similar to VIA 686a symptoms

10. via 686a audio driver rate locked at 48Khz

13. 没有人用中文吗?