Olympus D-370 USB Camera

Post by Bill Bro » Wed, 19 Dec 2001 01:16:06

I have tried every variation of the mount command's file type option,
but I cannot seem to find the right one for this unit.  When I try to
access the files on the camera, I either get an unknown file system
message or an unknown file format message.

I can access the camera via usb from windoze 98se.

Has anyone had any luck with this camera?

What mount command options do you use?
   (I have tried -t vfat and -t usbdevfs; both seem to work until I
attempt to read the files)

How do you access the files?
   (I presume you can just cp them to a local directory and open them
with Gimp)

Many thanks for your time and trouble in reading and answering.

Bill Brown

Olympus D-370 USB Camera

Post by Dave » Sat, 22 Dec 2001 15:56:35

> Has anyone had any luck with this camera?

Mine works great.

Quote:> What mount command options do you use?

I do: mount -t msdos /dev/sda1 /mnt/olympus

Quote:> How do you access the files?
>    (I presume you can just cp them to a local directory and open them
> with Gimp)

Exactly.

Dave

Olympus D-370 USB Camera

Post by Chris Carle » Sun, 23 Dec 2001 02:14:40

> I do: mount -t msdos /dev/sda1 /mnt/olympus

Can you delete the files off the camera, or is the access read-only?  I
have an Olympus with a Smartmedia card, but no USB port.  So I have a
Zio Smardmedia reader.  But I can only read it.

_____________________
Christopher R. Carlen

Suse 7.3 Linux 2.4.10

Olympus D-370 USB Camera

Post by Dave » Sun, 23 Dec 2001 05:05:04

> Can you delete the files off the camera, or is the access read-only?  I
> have an Olympus with a Smartmedia card, but no USB port.  So I have a
> Zio Smardmedia reader.  But I can only read it.

Just read-only for direct connection, disappointingly.

Dave

Olympus D-370 USB Camera

Post by Chris Carle » Sun, 23 Dec 2001 12:33:04

>> Can you delete the files off the camera, or is the access read-only?
>> I have an Olympus with a Smartmedia card, but no USB port.  So I have
>> a Zio Smardmedia reader.  But I can only read it.

> Just read-only for direct connection, disappointingly.

> Dave

It's not really that bad, if you think about it.  At least you can get
it all off the camera, then have the camera delete all.  At least, I
hope that can be done, as it can be done on our D490.

--
_____________________
Christopher R. Carlen

Suse 7.3 Linux 2.4.10

Olympus D-370 USB Camera

Post by Michael Meissne » Sun, 23 Dec 2001 17:26:19

> > I do: mount -t msdos /dev/sda1 /mnt/olympus

> Can you delete the files off the camera, or is the access read-only?  I have
> an Olympus with a Smartmedia card, but no USB port.  So I have a Zio
> Smardmedia reader.  But I can only read it.

With the Olympus D510 zoom camera (which has a USB connection), I can delete
the files.  With the eFilm smartmedia card reader I bought (uses the Sandisk
drivers), I can't delete the files.  So I tend to just use the camera directly,
so I can delete the files after I upload them.

--
Michael Meissner, Red Hat, Inc.  (GCC group)