Yes, it is possible. And not extremely difficult, either.Quote:> I hope these are the right newsgroups to post such a question. I was
> wondering if it's possible to have two hard drives with two different
> OS, Windows95 and Linux, on the same computer. If it is possible, how?
> Thanks for any help. Frank C.
Hope this helps. I'm sure there are others out there that have more
info as well.
Yes, it's possible. There are *MANY* ways to configure this, and in factQuote:> I hope these are the right newsgroups to post such a question.
> I was wondering if it's possible to have two hard drives with two different
> Windows95 and Linux, on the same computer. If it is possible, how?
Author of books on Linux & multi-OS configuration
This forces you to boot your PC twice if you change the OS.Quote:> Install each OS on a different HD. If The hd's are IDE you have to change
> the boot letter in the bios. If you've scsi disks and an adaptec host
> adapter you can change the boot id in the adapter bios
eMail is as private as a post card - Please encrypt your answer!
PGP key available at: pgp.ai.mit.edu - port: 11371
finger print: 4CB3 2D02 802A 3DA6 0499 0768 4CB1 D301 273C 213E
1. How to merge two hard drive into one logical hard drive for Linux
I have two hard drives, their capacities are 4.3 Giga byte and 3.2 Giga
byte. And I would like to merge these two hard drives into one hard
drive in order to mount them to directory "/usr" in Linux . But I don 't
know how to do that. please tell me what softwares I can use for that,
and where I can download them as well as how to set up it. If you have
spare time, please tell me as much details as posible.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Ha Le (Vietnam)
Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
3. two network cards, two(?) networks, one computer...
4. move CONFIG_NET to net/Kconfig
5. Two computers, Two ISP accounts, one 10Base-2 localnet?
6. Running multiple operating systems on one machine
7. two ip address / two gateways / one computer?
9. two routers (two wans) connecting to one lan using two nics.
10. How can I mirror two hard drives in two different machines?
11. Large IDE Hard Drive as a Second Hard Drive
12. Two hard drives to a single hard drive
13. Existing Win95 computer with two hard drives needs Linux on