SCSI Card not seen with Debian 1.3.1

Post by Dean C. Sullinge » Fri, 19 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I am installing Debian 1.3.1 for the first time on a Compaq
SystemPro LT Server 486/33. There is a Compaq 32-bit Fast
Wide SCSI-2/E Card installed with the only HD in the
system installed on it, a 1GB SCSI drive.

I created the Rescue disk and booted the system as instructed.
At the "boot:" prompt I have hit return with no parameters.
The system eventually wants me to partition the disk, yet
I then get a error that says that there were no HD found
to installed.

Anyone know find where I could get drivers for this
card? Also, how do I use these drivers as the system boots
off the Rescue disk? Should I remove the Compaq SCSI card and
use a Future Domain 1680 instead?

Thank you for the help.

--

1. SCSI Card not seen with Debian 1.3.1

I am installing Debian 1.3.1 for the first time on a Compaq
SystemPro LT Server 486/33. There is a Compaq 32-bit Fast
Wide SCSI-2/E Card installed with the only HD in the
system installed on it, a 1GB SCSI drive.

I created the Rescue disk and booted the system as instructed.
At the "boot:" prompt I have hit return with no parameters.
The system eventually wants me to partition the disk, yet
I then get a error that says that there were no HD found
installed.

Can someone help me find where I could get drivers for this
card? Also, how do I use these drivers as the system boots
off the Rescue disk? Should I remove the Compaq SCSI card and
use a Future Domain 1680 instead?

Thank you for the help.

--

2. Looking for TCLNews

3. What are you doing for Linux in 2003?

4. Jaz not seen by scsi card

5. Help with Linux tuning needed

6. LINUX not seeing IN 2000 SCSI card

7. NIS+ stability

8. SuSE 6.3 bootdisk not seeing SCSI card

9. PCI SCSI Card Not Seen By Suse OS

10. SCSI help-- 2.2.6 not seeing any scsi devices

11. RedHat5.1, Dell Lat CPi, 3c575 - linux "sees" memory card not net card

12. FDDI Network Card not being seen or Driver not working