Ide (internal) compact flash type II reader/drive vs firewire cf reader

Ide (internal) compact flash type II reader/drive vs firewire cf reader

Post by goe.. » Sun, 31 Mar 2002 07:56:10

: Is there such a thing as a drive which accepts the cf cards
: directly?  I found one on ebay, but the seller didn't give a
: brand name.

http://www.svec.com/PRODUCTS/FD620EDS.HTM
http://www.pcengines.com/cflash.htm
http://www.advantech.com/epc/newsletter/v34-10-15_00/4IDEsup.htm
http://www.tapr.org/tapr/html/cfa.html
http://www.flashmemory.com.au/shop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=3&cat=F...

The svec one is interesting as it claims to support hot swap without
requiring you to reboot your PC. How truthful that claim may be is
anyone's guess...

-Dan
(To reply in email replace blort dot invalid with anime dot net)

1. internal IDE compact flash II readers?

: Since these are IDE devices, I am assuming that they will all
: work with Linux.  Is that a reasonable assumption?

They should work, but don't expect to be able to Hot-swap.
Changing the CF means reboot...

Bye

2. help - f2c fortran calls

3. IDE Booting from Flash - Positive report: Adton PCMCIA Card Drive - PCMCIA vs. Compact Flash

4. Hercules DINAMYTE and XF86-3.1

5. Compact Flash Reader?

6. Linux + WfW printers & disks

7. USB Compact Flash Reader, Help with setup

8. Compilers, Interpreters in C

9. Error with PCMCIA compact flash reader

10. USB Compact Flash Readers

11. Looking for Compact flash reader that is known to work under FreeBSD

12. emachines m6807 media reader (compact flash & secure digital)

13. Compact flash readers