Linux suport for Trident 9660

Post by Ali Ja » Fri, 13 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi there,

I can't get linux to recognize my Trident video card.  I have the slackware version 3.0.
I was able to use the monochrome server to setup X windows.  I was wondering if I could
use a generic vga server istead of my SVGA server which is not supported for my video card.

Any help will be appreciated.

Ali

Post by Waldema » Fri, 13 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> Hi there,

> I can't get linux to recognize my Trident video card.  I have the slackware version 3.0.
> I was able to use the monochrome server to setup X windows.  I was wondering if I could
> use a generic vga server istead of my SVGA server which is not supported for my video card.

> Any help will be appreciated.

> Ali

I have a Trident 9680 which worked (unfortunately, only 640x480, although it could handle 16-bit
mode) using the newest (which is now the second newest) version of the XFree server (=3.1.2F).

Although I have not tried the latest version (= 3.1.2G), I have heard that you will need to
install libncurses.so.3.0 and the latest version of ld.so if you want to use the newest X.

The latest X server can be found at ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/3.1.2G/Linux/Elf/312GSVGA.tgz

- Waldemar

Post by John Summerfie » Sun, 15 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>> Hi there,

>> I can't get linux to recognize my Trident video card.  I have the slackware version 3.0.
>> I was able to use the monochrome server to setup X windows.  I was wondering if I could
>> use a generic vga server istead of my SVGA server which is not supported for my video card.

>> Any help will be appreciated.

>> Ali

>I have a Trident 9680 which worked (unfortunately, only 640x480, although it could handle 16-bit
>mode) using the newest (which is now the second newest) version of the XFree server (=3.1.2F).

>Although I have not tried the latest version (= 3.1.2G), I have heard that you will need to
>install libncurses.so.3.0 and the latest version of ld.so if you want to use the newest X.

I couldn't find such a curses so made a symlink.

Setting it up was a little tricky, but with advice I have my 9680 working in a
rough fashion.

Cheers
John Summerfield
Warped & Connected
Perth, Western Australia

1. Zgv, Linux, and a Trident GUI 9660 card, and screen blanking.

Every time i try to run Zgv 2.7 it runs fine but when it exits is when
the problem begins. The screen does not restore, It goes blank then
little horizontal and vertical bars start to appear on the screen, and
i can't reset it. I am not real sure how to deal with the problem. I
have a Trident gui 9660 card which came with my computer
I am running Redhat 3.0.3 and the 2.0.0 kernel

2. statfs(2)/statvfs(2): meaning of f_blocks

3. config-95a

4. Trident 9660/968X, PCI, Linux, X

5. FA: VA Linux 2230 (SCSI) 2x700Mhz, 1GB RAM, loaded. $800

6. Trident 9660

7. system hangs 4am every day

8. Anyone running X-windwos on IBM aptiva A90, with Trident 9660/968

9. XFree86 3.2 with Trident 9660

10. Trident 9660

11. Need Help: Trident 9660 w/X

12. Trident TGUI 9660/968x/968x cannot be setup with X