dvd-rom support?

Post by J. Blai » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

does linux support dvd-rom drives yet?  i'm 90% sure that i'm going to try
linux this winter break, and i'd like to install from a cd.  however, i have
a dvd drive.  i care not for the dvd feature, i just want to use it as a cd
drive.  help, please...
j. blair

dvd-rom support?

Post by Peanu » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Mine Creative 2nd generation drive works fine as a atapi cdrom drive,
no special driver or configuration needed. I guess it should also hold
true for other atapi drivers. No DVD playback yet, but will. :=)

--Li Lin

>does linux support dvd-rom drives yet?  i'm 90% sure that i'm going to try
>linux this winter break, and i'd like to install from a cd.  however, i
have
>a dvd drive.  i care not for the dvd feature, i just want to use it as a cd
>drive.  help, please...
>j. blair

dvd-rom support?

Post by Peanu » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Mine Creative 2nd generation drive works fine as a atapi cdrom drive,
no special driver or configuration needed. I guess it should also hold
true for other atapi drivers. No DVD playback yet, but will. :=)

--Li Lin

>does linux support dvd-rom drives yet?  i'm 90% sure that i'm going to try
>linux this winter break, and i'd like to install from a cd.  however, i
have
>a dvd drive.  i care not for the dvd feature, i just want to use it as a cd
>drive.  help, please...
>j. blair

1. LS120 mega floppy and DVD-rom support

Hi, does anybody know of any support for these?
I'd hate to have to bin my nice LS120...though I have a parallel port 100
meg Zip drive too, and yes, does anybody know how I can get that running
too? ;-)
Jeez, I hope it's worth it in the end......
M.

                  http://www.searchlinux.com

2. Auto decompress...

3. Hard/Software DVD-Rom support

4. Netscape don't use DNS on PPP connection.

5. Help! DVD-ROM Support in Linux?!?

6. PRO110 (ASIX 88140) 10/100 Ethernet Card

7. DVD ROM support

8. Newbie: kernel upgrade

9. Does FreeBSD support DVD-ROM, and/or DVD-RAM?

10. Solaris, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RAM and UDF

11. Need a recomendations for Supported DVD-ROM and CD-RW in Redhat Distributions

12. DVD-ROM drive support?

13. DVD-ROM drive support ?