Chhosing between two video cards

Post by Yann Barrau » Sat, 16 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
I own a Nec PC in which is included an Intel AN430TX main board. Ths
main
board includes an ATI video card, but
this is not the one I use. I put another one in a PCI slot, and my
screen is
plugged on this one. I want to know how to
configure my X server for my screen to be detected.
Until this moment, I've tried with xf86config or Xconfigurator (I use
the
Redhat 5.1), and this two tools have detected
the video card that is integrated on my main board.
But I've noticied that SuperProbe detects the second card (the one I
use).
Is there a way to force xf86config or
Xconfigurator to detect my video card?? (I'm fed up with the message
"Fatal
Server error: No screen detected", due to
the detecting of the wrong video card).
My screen is a Nec MultiSync A700.

If you have a solution please mail me back at

Thanks a lot.
Yann Barraud

1. Two video cards: Two users?

Currently, I am using an old 486 as an X terminal. It works well,
but the video hardware is pathetic, so the colors tend to look
terrible.

I have another video card I can add to my workstation.

I know it is possible to use the two cards to do Xinerama,
but what I was thinking was to disconnect the monitor from
the 486 and use the second video card directly connected to
my workstation as the display for the terminal.

Seems like it should be possible... Any pointers?

2. Non PNP OS Setting in BIOS

3. Is it possible to use two video cards and two monitors at once ?

4. "soft" modems in emachines

5. Two distros, two video cards.

6. Thread limit

7. Two video cards/Two monitors

8. Where can I get Token Ring to work with Linux?

9. Two cards video and two monitors

10. two X displays, two video cards (?)

11. Bad English (was Re: Two cards video and two monitors)

12. Q: two video cards ; dual-headed video ; matrox millenium and hercules ; linux ; work in progress