TNT-PCI & Linux X-server

Post by Marcu » Fri, 27 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone know whether the X server supplied by
http://dimension128.smartcom.net  works with PCI based
RIVA TNT cards like ELSA ERAZOR II (PCI).
Runs the systems stable with this X server?

TNT-PCI & Linux X-server

Post by B. Joshua Rose » Mon, 30 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I'm using the Riva TNT X server on a Dell Dimension XPS 450 with an STB
Riva TNT graphics card. It mostly works except for one thing. About once
a minute there is some disk activity and a single quote (') is popped
into the active window. I'm pretty sure it's the X-Server doing this, I
didn't see it happening when I wasn't running X. does anyone have an
idea about what's happening, has anyone else seen this?

Josh Rosen

> Does anyone know whether the X server supplied by
> http://dimension128.smartcom.net  works with PCI based
> RIVA TNT cards like ELSA ERAZOR II (PCI).
> Runs the systems stable with this X server?

TNT-PCI & Linux X-server

Post by Mark Vojkovi » Tue, 01 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm using the Riva TNT X server on a Dell Dimension XPS 450 with an STB
>Riva TNT graphics card. It mostly works except for one thing. About once
>a minute there is some disk activity and a single quote (') is popped
>into the active window. I'm pretty sure it's the X-Server doing this, I
>didn't see it happening when I wasn't running X. does anyone have an
>idea about what's happening, has anyone else seen this?

  Hee Hee.  No the X-Server does not do things like that.
The X-Server runs at a much lower level than that and probably
couldn't pop quotes into windows even if it wanted to.

                        Mark.

1. Q:Performance of Riva TNT X-Server

How is the performance of the new Riva TNT X-server ?

So far I've only seen one comment from a person actually using the thing
and he complained, the erformnce would be really bad ?
(It was over at /. after the announcment of the server there)

So, how well does it perform (and yes, I know no MESA support yet, does
it use the accelerated 2d functions ?)

Any infos aare greatly appreciated.

Frank

                "L'erreur est humaine,
     un veritable desastre necessite un ordinateur"

2. AIX, Raid5, Informix

3. ASUS V3400 TNT X-server?

4. KDE application errors-- Help

5. Consequences of new TNT X-Server

6. Friendly Guidance, please?

7. X-server for riva tnt 2 32 meg

8. Does this kind of program exist??

9. new nvidia 128/TNT X-server

10. X-server for Riva TNT ?

11. SPEA Storm Pro PCI and SuSE-Linux (X-Server)

12. Shutting down X-server gives %&@#&%R&##

13. S3 ViRGE && X-Server trouble