Sound card installation problem

Post by Melvyn Kwa » Thu, 19 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi there,

I have just installed Redhat 5.2 on my system.  I ran the sound configure
utility which detected my AWE64 card.  When it tried to play a sample
sound,
it could not open /dev/audio and failed.  It allowed me to modify the
configuration.
I checked and it was 220,5,1,5,330 which is identical to my settings in
Windows.
What else can I do?  I thought the sound driver was build into the kernel.

Mel

1. pcmcia modem card and sound card installation problem

I am using a pcmcia Practical modem card and ESS Maestro-2E sound chip. The
pcmcia port can be detected by the RedHat 6.1 but the modem and sound chip
do not work. How can it make them work?
I am a new user. Can you give me the exact command lines that I have to
enter? Thanks in advance

Mike

2. Slackware 8.1 / Sendmail 8.12.4 Configuration Problem

3. sound card installation problem

4. "-v" flag to rm, cp, and mv

5. Quering a remote display from KDE login manager

6. Sound Card Help: ALSA driver, ESSOLO 1938 PCI Sound Card

7. Email Problem

8. Possible Faqs on Sound cards <I have read the Sound card How 2>

9. Sound: Replace beep with other sound thru pc speaker/sound card?

10. sound card problem(creative sound blaster live! value)

11. Sound Blaster SB 16 ISA sound card problems