TEKRAM motherboards

Post by Plamen Kraste » Sat, 17 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Does anybody have experience running Linux (Slackware or Red Hat) on a
Tekram motherboards ?  Any comments would be appreciated. Any
suggestions for a cheap motherboard still able to run Linux without
major problems?

Thanks.

Plamen Krastev

TEKRAM motherboards

Post by al ro » Sat, 17 Jan 1998 04:00:00

|> Does anybody have experience running Linux (Slackware or Red Hat) on a
|> Tekram motherboards ?  Any comments would be appreciated. Any
|> suggestions for a cheap motherboard still able to run Linux without
|> major problems?

Hi Plamen,

I've been running Slackware with kernels 2.0.27 - 2.0.33 on my tekram P5v430B
for about a year. Started off with an amd K5 at 133 have upgraded to a
p5 200 MMX. This MB operates nothing less than incredible.

Short sidebar, I bought a gigabyte MB to upgrade this one and demote it to
the kids machine. To make a long story short the IO is much faster on my tekram
it was back in my case within 2 hrs... Kids got the gigabyte :)

Al

--
---   Al Ross
---   NT admin for profit.

1. Searching for Tekram motherboard experiences.

I am looking for anyone using Tekram motherboards to
report problems -AND- successes with these units.
I am interested in these two boards:
  P5H30-A4       75-200mhz Pentium
                 Intel 430HX chipset

  P5H30-NS/WS    75-200mhz Pentium
                 Intel 430HX chipset
                                 onboard Adaptec 7880 PCI Ultra-Wide SCSI

Separately, what information can you provide about the
Adaptec 7880 chip that is on the motherboard?

I have already searched the FAQ, the documentation project
and the www.freebsd.org site.

Richard Hykel                       Compaq Computer Corporation

Disclamer: Any opinions expressed are my own.

2. tape-newbie : external Archive/Conner 2150S Viper

3. HELP needed on Tekram K7KX-A AMD Athlon ATX Motherboard

4. Adaptec 2940 and Linux

5. Motherboards, Motherboards ...

6. ANNOUNCE: Open Source 'push' software for Linux

7. Free Motherboard from Motherboard HomeWorld & Epox

8. Error compiling XFree4/xterm

9. On-board Motherboard Modem (Motherboard=748MLRT) - does it work with Linux?

10. Promise PR4030+ OR Tekram DC680CD EIDE Caching Cards...

11. Tekram SCSI Adapters?

12. Tekram SCSI drivers

13. MSI K8T and Tekram 390u2w