Anyone using HP 6350 Scanner (SCSI/USB with ADF)?

Anyone using HP 6350 Scanner (SCSI/USB with ADF)?

Post by ma.. » Mon, 17 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Dear Linux hackers,

Is anyone out there using the HP 6350 scanner (SCSI & USB inputs, with
automatic document feeder)?  If so, can you please describe how you got it
working...

I tried using SANE (http://www.mostang.com/sane/).

I tried first with the USB port, but it didn't recognize the scanner on the
USB port.  (I'm using the backport of USB to kernel 2.2.13 from
http://www.linux-usb.org.)  The SANE documentation did not describe what
device name a USB scanner should use.  (I believe something has to be linked
to /dev/scanner, but I don't know what.)

I'm going to try with SCSI next, but I'm not sure how to connect it.  In
particular, the scanner has only one 50 pin (mini) scsi connector on it, so
I'm not sure how/whether to terminate the cable.  the HP documentation does
not provide any details about the SCSI port.

Finally, does anyone know if the ADF (automatic document feeder) works under
Linux.  I'm hoping this works, but it might need some proprietary commands...

Thanks for any help,
    Richard

Post by Robert Koma » Tue, 18 Jan 2000 04:00:00

[...]

Hi,
we use this scanner via the SCSI bus, and it works well.  We have a few devices
on the chain which ends at the scanner (without any external termination), and
there don't seem to be any SCSI problems.  I set up SANE with some patches for
the HP from http://www.kirchgessner.net/.  The ADF sort of works.  You can
put a pile of pages in, but you have to click the scan button for each page
rather than clicking once and letting it scan the pile automatically (or
if you can, I couldn't figure out how to do it).  There's a developer
mailing list for SANE that's a useful place to go for help.  The SANE
homepage probably tells you how to subscribe to it.

Cheers,
Rob Komar

1. HP Pavilion 6350 and Linux

Hi!

I bought HP Pavilion 6350 which uses a K6-2 processor.

I installed Redhat Linux 5.x version.

When I run Xserver The resolution is so bad that half xterm fills up my whole
screen. I tried seting up for different resolutions but Xprobe assumes that
my video Card (Sis) has only 64K Ram.

Where as it has 2MB RAM (Shared).

Please help me if anyone had similar problem.

Ashok Pandari

2. X programming libraries without legal problems

3. HP 6250 scanner with ADF

4. Proxy Firewall, ipfwadm etc etc

5. Anyone using One Touch 8700 USB scanner?

6. Large SG writes - Kernel mods?

7. Info on using HP Scanjet 5 SCSI scanner

8. Install FreeBSD via DSL?

9. RedHAT on DeskPro EN 6350

10. RedHAT and Deskpro EN 6350

11. linux on DELL PowerEdge 6350

12. Compaq Deskpro EN 6350 SFF / Ethernet driver ?

13. DELL PowerEdge 6350 and 2.2.x