Adaptec APA-1460

Post by Kenneth Foste » Thu, 28 Sep 1995 04:00:00

I am having troubles getting my laptop to load linux from CD-ROM. It is
connected via PCMCIA SCSI to my Dell Laptop.  I was wondering if anyone
else has seen this problem or tried to fix it.  I am kind of new to this
so if I commit a faux paus please don't crucify me.  ;)

Thanks for the help

Adaptec APA-1460

Post by Chris Hans » Fri, 29 Sep 1995 04:00:00

> I am having troubles getting my laptop to load linux from CD-ROM. It is
> connected via PCMCIA SCSI to my Dell Laptop.  I was wondering if anyone
> else has seen this problem or tried to fix it.  I am kind of new to this
> so if I commit a faux paus please don't crucify me.  ;)

I haven't done this, but -- do you have the boot and root floppies
that support PCMCIA?  These are available from
"ftp://cb-iris.stanford.edu/pub/pcmcia/".