HP laserjet 1000 - Blank pages

Post by anto » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 08:20:44

When i try to print on my HP LaserJet 1000, it just starts feeding out blank
pages.

Using:
Mandrake 9.1
latest version off sihp1000.img
cups 1.1-104.1
foomatic 3.0.0.beta2

1. HP LaserJet 5L Printer Prints Blank Pages

Hello.
Would very-much appreciate any "straight-up" advice, from any
benevolent/generous Linux users, that might bring my subject-printer to
life!
Cannot get my HP LaserJet 5L b/w printer locally configured properly.
"Goes through the motions", but output pages are completely blank; no
printed chars. whatsoever.
I am a Linux newbie, with SuSE Linux 6.3 installed on my pc (has an AMD
K6-2 450MHz with 32MB PC100 SDRAM and a 4.3GB UDMA ATA/33 hard drive).
I've attempted configurations via YaST, and apsfilter. I've setup as a
device at /dev/lp0 and /dev/lp1 (... separately; not both active
configs., at same time). Printer drivers attempted thusfar, as a
'Postcript'-type printer, include ljet4; as an 'Other'-type printer,
include (? spelling not necessarily correct on my part. Sorry!):
ljet5gray, ljet5mono, ljet4mono, ljet4gray, pxlmono, pxlgray,
ljet4Lgray, ljet4Lmono, lj4dith.
However, upon command 'tunelp /dev/lp0' (altern. 'tunelp /dev/lp1'), I
get the following stdout: "/dev/lp0 [sic. /dev/lp1] using IRQ -1."
When I attempt to data-print directly to my HP LaserJet 5L, via command
'cat /var/log/boot.msg > /dev/lp0 [sic. cat /var/log/boot.msg >
/dev/lp1]", my HP LaserJet 5L does process, ...but again, all output
pages are blank pages. What am I doing wrong?
Sincerely,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Adding an HP PaintJet

3. HP Laserjet 4 prints blank pages

4. XFree vs. MetroX

5. HP Laserjet 6L always ends print job with a blank page!

6. WARNING: terminal is not fully functional

7. HP LaserJet 5L Printer Prints Blank Pages

8. SOS with upgrade to ver 4.1.4

9. HP LaserJet 5P and blank page

10. HP LaserJet 5L Printer Prints Blank Pages

11. hp laserjet 1000 series

12. Problem configuring HP LaserJet 1000 (USB version) on RedHat 7.2

13. HELP -- HP LaserJet 1000 - USB