3COM Impact IQ 230k ISDN Modme

Post by Dave Barr » Thu, 19 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Ok, here's the problem/Wierd thing....

        I have the above modem, but, I cannot get it to do a dual channel
connection with Linux.  But, It will happly go Dual Channel in Win '95,
OS/2, and NT.  And the settings are EXACTALLY the same (did a dump of
the registers in the screen between them).  Now, this is a network
router, so it would be nice if I could double the connection speed ;).
Can anyone here give me a hand?  E-Mail/Public I don't really care, I
just
want to get this thing to finally work....

        It would be a bummer If I had to do the routing with something else,
since Linux routes it so well so far.  Now if I could just get a 128k
connect instead of a 64k :(.  Thanks, BTW : this is kernel v 2.0.29 if
you need that... Thanks...

                        -Dave Barry

3COM Impact IQ 230k ISDN Modme

Post by Mark Richard » Fri, 20 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hello

I have a similar setup.  In my ppp chat script I send the following
config string followed by ATDT<telephone number>.  I'm able to connect
at 128.

AT \&C1 %C2 \\T5 \\Q3 S60=64 S61=2 S70=0 S71=1 S80=1

Because of how my ISP is setup I just need to enter the one number and
the TA dials the same number twice (once on each channel).  You may need
to use a different atdt command that contains two different telephone
numbers.

Regards

Mark R.