Keyboard timeout problem during Linux boot--HELP!

Keyboard timeout problem during Linux boot--HELP!

Post by Yong-hyeon Pyo » Tue, 12 Aug 1997 04:00:00

I have created the 'boot disk' and 'root disk' successfully from
'Slackware CR-ROM'. But during the booting, Linux printed out 'Keyboard
timeout' message twice. Afterward no keyboard typing does not work.
Due to the problem I can't change the boot disk to the root disk.

When I powered on my computer, the keyboard works well. Even in the OS/2
or DOS and Win95.
Is there any solutions?

My system configureation id
  Pentium 200MHz MMX
  128MB RAM
  AHA-2940UW SCSI controller( 4.0GB UltraWide HDD )
  1.6GB DIDE hard disk
  M$ Natural keyboard
  M$ compatible busmouse
  Matrox Millinium with 8MB
  SoundBlaster AWE64

If you have any trick or answers, please let me know...

Keyboard timeout problem during Linux boot--HELP!

Post by tors.. » Tue, 12 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I have created the 'boot disk' and 'root disk' successfully from
> 'Slackware CR-ROM'. But during the booting, Linux printed out 'Keyboard
> timeout' message twice. Afterward no keyboard typing does not work.
> Due to the problem I can't change the boot disk to the root disk.

Is it a supermicro motherboard?  If so, sorry.

1. Help! irq timeouts during boot time

Hello Folks:

Help! I moved my hard drives to my new system but I no longer am able boot
Linux system but not Windows 98 Beta 3 (Consumer Preview)!  My new system
is:

Tyan Tsunami ATX (S1846SLA) motherboard
AMI WinBIOS v1.03
Pentium II 350/100 Mhz
64 MB 8ns PC100 SDRAM DIMM module
Two 6.4 GB Seagate Hard Drives
  hda - Model ST6450A - Medalist Pro
        System Commander Dulexe 4.0
        Windows 98 Beta 3/Windows NT
  hdb - Model ST6451A - Medalist Pro Ultra (ATA-33)
        Linux RedHat v5.1

From System Commander Dulexe 4.0, I tried to boot RedHat 5.1 but only got
"LI" message on my screen!  I can't get the past around... I tried to boot
the installation disk that come with my boxed RedHat 5.1 package but...
I got weird message:

Partition Check:
hda: hda: irq timeout: Status=0x58 {DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest}

I tried to reset system and tried it again. I still got the same
message. Help!  How do you get the past around? Or new kernel?

After I first started my new system, I got the virus warning message, etc.
I decided to re-install System Commander Dulexe 4.0 as fresh installation
and got attention message that said that disk geometry mismatch on last
partition. My old system was Tyan Tomcat I motherboard with MRBIOS chip.

Does anyone have the solution about this major problems? Do I have
reformat my all hard drives? Etc...

If so, I would appericate that. Thank you!

-- Tim Stark

--

Arlington, Va.          TTY: (703) 418-1483   FAX: (703) 418-1484
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that

2. Is this possible?

3. Ethernet Card Timeouts during Boot

4. Need info on Future Domain Corporation

5. SCSI timeouts during boot - command to ignore?

6. cold boot only?

7. very long timeouts on 'nfs' or 'amd' init during boots

8. Great ideas for applications writers

9. can't see keyboard symbol during boot process

10. Keyboard works during boot sequence, but not at login prompt

11. APM hangs during boot w/out keyboard plugged in.

12. RH5.2 Keyboard Locks Up During Boot

13. Keyboard on Compaq Locks Up During Boot (2.0.36 Kernel)