Pin outs for parallel port zip drive cable?

Pin outs for parallel port zip drive cable?

Post by Dani » Sun, 14 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I suppose I could buy a ready made cable but I
interested in building one of my own.  Does
anyone know where I can find the pin outs of
the parallel port cable for the iomega zip drive?

-Daniel

Post by Kyle Dansi » Sat, 20 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> I suppose I could buy a ready made cable but I
> interested in building one of my own.  Does
> anyone know where I can find the pin outs of
> the parallel port cable for the iomega zip drive?

> -Daniel

Not sure if I have seen one of these online, but check out this link for
a mail list address and lots of other web pages on parallel port
information.

http://www.torque.net/linux-pp.html

Cheers,
Kyle Dansie
Linux Rules     Iomega Zip Drive Mini - HOWTO
-
http://njtcom.com/dansie/zip-drive.html
                    or
http://metalab.unc.edu/mdw/HOWTO/mini/ZIP-Drive.html

Post by Harald Arnese » Sat, 20 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> > I suppose I could buy a ready made cable but I
> > interested in building one of my own.  Does
> > anyone know where I can find the pin outs of
> > the parallel port cable for the iomega zip drive?
> Not sure if I have seen one of these online, but check out this link for
> a mail list address and lots of other web pages on parallel port
> information.

> http://www.torque.net/linux-pp.html

A straight-through cable (all 25 pins connected) will work. I use one
all the time.

Now, this is with the original Zip drive. I don't know if the Zip Plus
is the same.
--
Harald Arnesen, Apall?kkveien 23 A, N-0956 Oslo, Norway